It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

SusanG50 HB User
Question Nose Sores ???

All of a sudden, with no cold, and out of the blue, I get a terrible nose sore. They are painful and it takes weeks for them to heal.

Anyone know what causes these ?

I have a sneaking suspcion that it may be Lupus for me.

Any input and cures welcome. THANKS

Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User
Re: Nose Sores ???

My sister had this - rather deep inside of her nose. The doctor said it was due to the dry air in the winter. He recommended adding humidy to the air in your home and using salt water (natural) nasal sprays.

glowing4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

roses4lace HB User
Re: Nose Sores ???

I have had periodic painful sores in my nose for 30 years, that looked like small blisters, and hurt like the dickens for at least 2 weeks. There is always a strange sensation a day or two before that lets me know when a blister is forming. In me, they are triggered by chocolate or getting too hot. And stress. However, when I was at my dermatologist a couple of years ago, I had her do a culture, and they found an overgrowth of staph in my nose causing the painful blisters. They told me to use a triple antibiotic cream from the drugstore, and it got rid of it. It came back a couple of times, but I used the cream, and now haven't had it in a while. Seems like I had to use it several times a day for 2-3 weeks.

There are a lot of different things it could be, you might want a doctor to do a culture.

Closed Thread