It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User
kinesiology allergy testing

has anyone had muscle power allergy testing done? I had it done today and can't help feeling a bit skeptical. He was putting things in one hand and with the other I had to push against his arm, and when I held things I was allergic to I couldn't push against him. It was weird and the things I was allergic to make sense but I can't help thinking it's all a bit simple and not very scientific. any input, feedback or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
(female)

Vickie306 HB User
Re: kinesiology allergy testing

Yes, yes, yes. I had this done too! LOL

Last spring when i had the freaky incident with the candy bar.

I have to admit...I found it very interesting and it made total sense too. The test confirmed what the medical tests revealed. No allergy to peanuts. So I told him what happens when I ingest sea salt. I had brought a bottle of it along with me. He first tested my arm strength without the salt and then had me put some in my palm and close it. He then told me to hold my arm tightly at my side again...and you guessed it. He raised my arm away from my body with 2....I repeat 2 fingers! My arm went as weak as a newborn kittens!

So for me personally. I have to say the test was totally accurate.

Last edited by Vickie306; 03-17-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling edits

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I had it done for a gallbladder problem. It seemed pretty hokey to me. I forget what he told me my real promblem was but I had the gallbladder out anyway and am glad I did. That was over 2 years ago and nothing bad has beffallen me for having it out rather than doing whatever it was he said to do.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

I also believe in this stuff. It is basically what NAET (allergy elimination technique) is based on (the doc does accupressure with you having contact with your allergens). All of this stuff is based on eastern medicine which is almost opposite of western medicine. Eastern medicine helped my daughter and me very, very much! Our western medicine could learn much from the east.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
(male)

paul7224 HB User

As I stated in another thread, I've suffered allergies all my life. I had the allergy shots for years, and at a certain point they started becoming less and less effective every year. I finally saw no point in continuing them. I was pretty miserable when a friend of mine told me of a chiropractor that used BioSet accupressure techniques that cleared her of her allergies. Needless to say, I was sceptical.

I had seen two chiropractors for back problems in the past, and my opinion of them was that once you were a patient they wanted you to come back on a regular basis for the rest of your life. I wanted no part of them. However, I was miserable and desperate. This chiropractor gave me three free visits to see if it would help me. At that point, I was using Afrin (12 hour nose spray) every two hours to breath.

I could physically see that when I held something I was allergic to in my hand, I had no strength in the muscle test. I could also still see that after the treatment I tested strong. However, I still was totally congested. So, I went back to Kaiser and saw the doctor I had seen for years. This time he gave me a blood allergy test. It is supposed to be better than the skin test. The result . . . it came back negative. He told me I had no allergies!!! From the extended use of the Afrin nose spray, I had developed a sinus infection. Once I had the antibiotics and that was cleared up, I was breathing freely.

The first year I needed 8 treatments. My system was so used to being with allergies that it considered that the natural state and would revert back. The second year, I only needed 3 treatments. Last year I had 3 treatments. My doctor moved two hours further north to Nevada City. The guy that took over his practice where I live knows the techniques, but he uses a massager rather than acupressure. It only lasts a day or so. At $50 a visit, I don't visit him.

My original doctor has now moved to Utah. Before he left, he taught me the original pressure points that he used when he started. He now uses a more advanced technique that is quicker and more effective. I have been able to clear myself of some of the things that I am allergic to. But I need to go out and gather samples of everything I can find and test myself on all of them.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-18-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Very interesting Paul. I have seen info with Chiropractors and allergies. I think that I will take my children to one.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

I haven't had that type of testing but my chiropractor uses meridian stress assessment/analysis. It has helped me quite a bit. We haven't had much luck with sinus/allergy symptoms. I go in friday and am curious to see the readings on my sinus/fatigue etc since i've been on antibiotics for a month

Closed Thread