It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
(male)

newguy4 HB User
Post Is this allergies?

Thats what my doctors keep telling me, that it's sinuses and allergies.

I have a few swollen lymph nodes in my neck two on each side though not that big, you can't even see them poking out. I have a strawberry red nose, and in the last month and half I've also gotten two bumps one on each side of the top of my mouth around the wisdom teeth area.

My nose is usually blocked on one side, and shifts to the other side every now and then. I've had the stuffed nose for months now. Every now and then I have to rub my nose, eyes, or ears.

I'm just wondering what people think because I'm worried that the swelling isn't due to this, but my doctors dont seem to be concerned. Can allergies cause swollen lymph nodes in the body?

I'm a 21 year old male and i feel fine all these things are just there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Is this allergies?

I'm not a dr but it sure sounds like allergies to me. Just about everyone in my area is sick with allergies now because there's so much tree & grass pollen. Are you taking antihistamines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, absolutely allergies can cause this. Allergic reactions are caused by your immune system and the lymph nodes are part of the immune system. Try some Zyrtec.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

YES allergies are not over rated when it comes to making people sick.

My allergies have kept me sick this year. Since Christmas.
but besides the tree pollen there is a virus bug going around making everyone have a cold-like flu with swollen glands, sore throat, hoarseness, losing voice, congestion, phlegm out the wazoo, pneumonia, sinus infections, bronchial coughs, and the list goes on.

i am on a 3rd round of antibiotics, because a CT scan finally showed my sinus infection never went away. Allergies can make getting over a cold or flu very difficult because you just keep producing the phlegm and sneezing, etc and you never feel well. Swollen glands are a big part of all that.

Closed Thread