It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

Essica HB User
Does this sound like an allergy?

I suffer with blocked ears and sinus type pains alot at this time of year, my GP says I have allergies although he is not sure what to as I do get symptoms all year round but just worse during the summer.

I get blocked ears, pain in face, frontal headaches now & again, an ache over my eye, ear & cheek, today I had stabbing ear pains this morning and a dry but snotty nose. For the last week or 2 ive had a tender patch over my left eye on my forehead, it doesn't hurt when I bend over like sinus pain but its tender to touch abit.

Would hayfever cause all of these symptoms? I don't get it like my son, itchy eyes, nose and sneezing so ive always thought it can't be pollen causing it.

I read that hayfever can cause inflamatory sinusitis, is this just inflamation and nothing to worry about? surely id know if i had infected sinusitis?

Do my symptoms sound like an allergy? I dont have the classis sneezing, wheezing etc... but could it still be an allergy? I get these symptoms on & off all year but around this time of year the blocked ears & sinus pains feel almost constant. I have seen an ENT dr 2 yrs ago and my CT Scan was fine so GP says not to worry but easier said than done with me

Last summer I had bronchitis, ive always been healthy and not one for coughs so it was a shock to be so poorly. The dr said it could be allergies causing it? touch wood ive been ok since.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Does this sound like an allergy?

Definitely sounds like allergies. Why haven't you been tested? Seems odd your doc would say it was allergies and not offer any solutions. Have you tried any antihistamines? I suggest Zyrtec. It's OTC now and cheapest at WalMart.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
(female)

Essica HB User

I asked my GP that and he said there is no point in alergy testing, its not free anymore on the NHS and he said you can't avoid things like dust, pollen etc.. so no point in finding out???

I did try antihistamines once but I didn't like the way they made me feel, I felt so tired and my GP said I couldn't drink on them. I am not a drinker, lol! but i enjoy a glass of wine at the weekend with my husband.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

There are plenty of antihistamines that don't make you drowsy and that you can drink with! Your doctor is obviously not up on the meds. Try Zyrtec - called cetirizine in Canada. Not sure what it's called in the UK. There is also loratadine and several others. You should not have to suffer like this.

Closed Thread