I did some research on disodium acetate and found that it is a mold and fungus inhibitor common in meats.
I was up at a barbecue yesterday where they had hot dogs. The rest of the meal did not bother me, but every time I would try to take a bite of hot dog, my glands felt like they were stinging and swelling. About a half an hour later, I had the worst case of indigestion and my throat started getting sore.
I checked the ingredients of everything that I ate and the only thing I was not familiar with was in the hot dogs - the aforementioned item.
This morning and through the early part of the afternoon so far, I have had cramping and diarrhea. I do have IBS.
Has anyone had the same experience with eating hot dogs? Could this be a new allergy for me? The web sites I went to all said it was perfectly safe for human consumption, but I cannot help but wonder.