Re: rash from adhesive bandages
It is an allergic reaction called contact dermatitis.
I've become allergic to the adhesive in bandages over the last few years. It is the adhesive, not the bandage. At first, it was to a specific brand. Now, it pretty much applies to most all adhaesive bandages. Sometimes, the rash may be small that clears up quickly. Last spring, I had a bandage on overnight to cover a burn. I ended up needing medical treatment for the allergic reaction and it took about 6 weeks to clear up. Paper tape and guaze are suggested in place of the adhesive bandages, but that causes problems for me too.