It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

tlhlpn2000 HB User
itching hives and chest pain

Three days ago I had a sudden outbreak of itching to the back of my head, within about and hour I experienced this sudden chest pain to the center of my chest that radiated around my right side and felt like the pain was going straight through the center of my body to my back. Now I am having itching outbreaks all over with hives appearing. What could this possibly be.

The following user gives a hug of support to tlhlpn2000:
rameshkumarmyna (07-28-2011)
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
(male)

michher HB User
Re: itching hives and chest pain

I have virtually identical symptoms. Did you find out what the cause was?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

rberar1 HB User

Hi. Just curious if you found out the cause of your symptoms. I have had the exact problem for 3 years now. I am being treated with Singular and Antihistamines. I try occasionally to wean myself off but the pain in my chest and the hives return the next day. I am tired of taking pills. Any info would be great. Thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
(female)

ilovebilliejoe HB User

thats happening to me right now....and it never has before. i need the answer as well

Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

PDMstudios HB User
Unhappy Re: itching hives and chest pain

I have this same thing happening to me. It's already been 1 month now. When I first started getting them, they would happen everynight around the same time, within an hour. Benadryl... to the rescue, but it takes over an hour for them to kick in. I walk around, wondering what causes them... looking high and low, wondering if I ate something, but every night, same thing... 2 weeks ago, my doctor prescribed me prednisone dose pack, didn't work for the first 3 days, but then it worked for the last two.... after that they're back with a vengeance, only now at different times of the day. I keep looking at the food that I eat, to see if something is repeated that causes this ailment, but I'm bad at writing things down... so it's hard to limit things, but I keep on feeling in my head it has to do with laundry, or a cleaner. My girlfriend cleaned the couches (we have a dog that has a problem with his butt gland), and she used this new product. I emailed the maker of it... and they said that some of the workers when they come in contact with the product have had rashes that have lasted for a week, but he said it was HIGH DOSES of this... but anyway, I think it might be the residue of this magic cleaner that is killing me slowly. When I get these hives lately, they seem to be getting worse. Now I have horrible chest pains and I can't breath easily, HIGH PRESSURE... HIGH PAIN, and I feel like I"m having a heart attack. I'm going to the laundromat tomorrow, to wash all my clothes. I'm going to throw away all the pillows and couches that my girlfriend cleaned with this cleaner, and I'll fill you in on the results. I was almost on my way to the hospital tonight, but I fought off the pain, and the benadryl is finally kicking in. Now I find myself sitting on the internet, looking for some kind of answers, hoping to see something, but for everyone the problems/causes all seem different, and no one ever seems to have an answer. So with my limited budget right now, I have to remake my living situation, hopefully it works. We'll see.
(me with hives)

Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

PDMstudios HB User
Unhappy Re: itching hives and chest pain

Oh yeah... if you're using fabric softner, stop the use, and see if that helps at all, especially fabreeze... who knows what they put in there, but I'm just giving you a heads up... that cleaner in my last post, by the way, the manufacturer said it was basically a laundry detergent/fabric softner agent... Hmmm.... I hope this works. I hope you all get better...

Old 02-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
(female)

rberar1 HB User

Hi....boy do I feel your pain. I think I may have found the cause to my hives and chest pain. This is after 3 YEARS. I think it may be linked to the antidepressants I am taking. I searched high and low over the internet and found other people experiencing the same interaction. I have been on bupropion for years and now think I have developed an allergy to it. I have been off the bupropion for about 1 month now and have weaned myself off the Singular and the reactin(which was the magic combo for the relief of the hives and chest pain). So far I have seen a major improvement in both of the symptoms. Every couple of days I get a little discomfort in my chest and a little itchy on my hands and feet, but nothing like it was before. I am keeping my fingers crossed that over time the symptoms will be completely gone. I hope this helps. Personally I have never thought my reaction was environmental, so look at whats going into your body first. Please let me know if this is anyone else experience. Thanks.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:24 AM   #8
(female)

hsd HB User

I have burning in my stomach alternating with acid reflux & hives, every day for 9 weeks now. I've never had a chronic medical condition. Omeprazole didn't help, nor zantac. Currently I am taking pepto bismol one shot in the morning & benadryl at night. Since I am unemployed, I have no health insurance, have been going to free clinics & no one can solve the mystery. Has anyone had an accurate diagnosis yet? I can't live like this.

Closed Thread