anyone ever been prescribed this for a sinus Infection?
oral antibiotics havent worked for me, so my allergist is trying this antibiotic spray....i hope to god this gives me some relief.
im seeing an ent next week.....my question is since ive already had two surgeries is there anything else he could do for me in his Office to give me some relief? is there something he can use to Suck or rinse out the gunk to give me drainage since there are already drainage holes in my sinus cavities?
i mean i cant keep having surgery every time i get a bad sinus Infection....
Irrigating my sinuses successfully has been a life long necessity.
I have discovered that the follow works nicely:
1. NeilMed makes a sinus irrigation kit available in Walgreens, Rite-Aid and probably all other chains. It is an 8 oz squeeze bottle that enables you to irrigate your sinuses under gentle pressure to get to hard to reach places.
2. Mix half salt and half baking soda for your solution.
3. Irrigate once according to directions.
4. Wait 5 minutes and use double or even triple the amount of the salt/baking soda mixture for irrigation. The baking soda will keep it from burning. The extra salty (hypertonic) liquid will pull more swelling out of the mucous membranes and open up your sinuses orifices nicely.
5. Repeat as often as you like.
6. If you are using any antibiotic spray or irrigation recommended by your physician, use them after the last irrigation so they will enter the sinus openings and wash out the infected material.