HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Allergies (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/)
-   -   Allergies in TN (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/646306-allergies-tn.html)

don444 11-02-2008 02:55 PM

Allergies in TN

I have lived in PA, DE, NC, SC and now TN. I was told after moving to NC that I was in the worst allergy area in the country. Still my meds seemed to help.
I am now in TN and talking Fexofenodine 2x and Flonase and they don't seem to help at all. I recently spend a week in PA and had no problems. I think I may have to move back to PA just to resolve my allergy problems.
Anyone else having allergy problems in TN?

GBug 11-03-2008 05:37 AM

Re: Allergies in TN

Sorry you are having problems. I've lived in North and Central AL all my life and my allergies are horrible....especially now with Ragweed season and in early spring when all the trees start blooming. My allergies are so bad right now that I'm taking Singulair, Xyzal, and Nasonex and Pantenese sprays. I can't even take my dog to the park without getting an overload of histamines which creates congestion in my chest which then develops into bronchitis. Until all the leaves fall off the trees, I'll have to stay inside except when getting in/out of my car. I feel like I need to live in a bubble. I've had shots, etc. Nothing helps.

My husband and I plan to move out West in a few years for this reason!!!

luvtheislands 11-10-2008 05:47 AM

Why is Tennessee so bad for allergies I wonder?

TEdds83 11-10-2008 05:31 PM

Can I join your conversation here? I am going through h... here in Iowa with allergies. What is it about the fall? I blame the crops being cut down right now and the stuff flying off the crops. I have allergies year round. ugh! I am allergic to anything green outside, cats, dogs, dustmites, mold, you name it. I need to live in a bubble. I have tried allergy shots on and off. I caught a cold from the 3rd graders 3 weeks ago. Since then I have never gotten better...went from a cold, to drainage...to allergies...to cough non stop...to taking some antibiotics...sleeping straight up everynight with a cough drop in my mouth so the tickle won't start and I will cough my head off all night.

Here are all the things I am taking:
Allegra, Sudefed, Benadryl, cough syrup, cough drops (on bag 4 now) and doing Neti pot treatments everyday for 4 days now...I think I will stay on that.

So when will it end?? Every year at this same time I develope severe allergies and a nagging cough for a good 6 weeks. I am so miserable. People that don't have allergies don't understand. They say to me...are you still sick?? still have that cough? It's making me paranoid. I am a non smoker , take great care of myself and workout when I can. But this is such a cross to bear. I know there are worse things to have. But gee!!!

So I have always wanted to move to Nashville Tennessee myself. But I have friends there and have visited there and my allergies are bad there too. So to answer your question. I think you moved to another spot known for bad allergies. I am ready to move to Mexico. I am always healthy there. But my family is here. Family means everything to me.

Hang in there everyone. Please share your stories and and great remedies! Thanks!:angel:

luvtheislands 11-10-2008 06:43 PM

Thanks for sharing your story! You are right...unless people have to deal with allergies, they just don't know how those of us feel thatdo have allergies. It can be frustrating because you either take for granted the way you feel is because of your allergies or you think something is really wrong or you'd rather be safe than sorry and get checked out only to find out that is all allergy related. Other than Arizona, I don't know where a good place is to live for allergies and asthma which I personally have both. I hope everyone feels well soon and thank goodness for the boards so that we can sympathize with each other!