It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
(male)

benchijimmy HB User
Exclamation Wasp Sting, Months Later

My girlfriend was stung in August in Geneva by a black wasp about two inches long. As far a we could tell from internet pictures it was a Great Black Wasp. It is now November and her arm is swelling up in the same place, a lot. It looks like she is on steriods! And it is all red and splochy. Her arm swelled up a little when she first got stung and was red for a few days in a little area. It also swelled up again in September. It was her first bee sting (lucky her) so she doesn't know if she is allergic but these seem to be clearly allergic reactions. But three months later?! She does have other allergies like peanuts, corn, shellfish and soy. We have scowered the internet for the symtoms months later but to no avail. Only first treatment.
Any ideas or help?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
(male)

bjwar HB User
Re: Wasp Sting, Months Later

I think this is happening to me, too.

I was stung on my right index finger at the first knuckle over the summer. Suddenly, two days ago, my finger swelled up again at the exact same spot. It's the same feeling and swelling as when I got stung.

The swelling hasn't gone down (the original symptoms subsided after a day), and now I'm wondering if it's some other ailment. But it seems like a crazy coincidence, though it's been months since the original sting.

Can't find anything about this on the internet either, save benchijimmy's post. Any help out there?

Last edited by bjwar; 01-04-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread