My son had a couple of beers last night and came home with a port wine rash all over his face and hiss upper torso his lips and eyes were swollen . He is 19 years old and suffers with chronic asthma and allergies.He informs me this is not the first time.Should he stop drinking all together my concern is that he may go into anaphalactic shock.I gave hima an anti histamine last night and this morning the rash has gone.
Since it was beer, it might not be the alcohol per se. It could be the particular hops that it was made from or soemthing else. Has he ever had problems with meds containing alcohol - or mouthwash? If not, then it's some thing besides the alcohol.