It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
(female)

ld9171 HB User
My daughters lip randomly swells, and gets a few hives

My 11 year old daughtercame to me about 3 weeks ago w/ one corner of her upper lip all swollen, she had a few hives/welts on the inside of her upper arms, and a few on her back, and between her legs. I gave her a benedryl, and w/in a few hrs , everything ceased. It has now happened 3 more times and its driving me crazy. I cannot figure out what is the matter, and totally cleaned out her room, but we do have 3 dogs and 8 cats which worries me, but I cant keep having her come home from school( its happened there 2 of the times) and I feel sooo bad for her. help!!!! By the way , the lip get NO BUMPS, it just swells and goes down. I am a homeopathic person, but cant get an appt for awhile, and of course desperately want a answer.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: My daughters lip randomly swells, and gets a few hives

Maybe it was a food. Was there a common food with these episodes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 05:41 AM   #3
(female)

ld9171 HB User

Not really, I have been trying to write down everything. She never had a food allergy before, but she always has been sensitive, so she has a history of skin allergies. Being the cleaning products at school, and she used to be allergic to fake metals, which now the metal allergy went away, and now this is happeneing. The only thing is that the first time, she ate a ice cream and was chomping on the stick, the next 2x it was at school, and the third time she woke up w/ it, but the dog was laying w/ her? Now, its only her lip, not her cheeks, tongue, no breathing problems.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You know, with a 4 yr old, it could be anything as they get into everything! I'd just keep benedryl handy. You could always puther on zyrtec or something else prophylactically but I'm not sure that's something you would want to do at this point.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

being 11, has she started wearing lip gloss? any new chapstick?

Closed Thread