It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
(male)

TheKirsch HB User
Exclamation please help, severe chest pains and hives all over body

All of a sudden I started developing hives and before I knew it my entire body from head to toe is covered in them and they're extremely itchy. They are swollen and literally on every inch of my body. It is 2 in the morning and it is affecting my sleep. I also have a severe recurring chest pain along with nausea. It feels like my heart it about to explode and occurs every couple minutes.

This happened after I ate some walnuts so I'm guessing that is the cause.

Should I go to the er or what should I do? This is extremely unbearable and I am barely able to type this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User
Re: please help, severe chest pains and hives all over body

In the very least i would take some benadryl. If that does not help within an hour, i would go to the ER. Chest pains/reaction is nothing to mess with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
(male)

TheKirsch HB User

I had no benadryl but luckily I found some zyrtec which really helped me out. I had so many hives, I looked like a monster.

I was really worried about the chest pains though. The pain was focused right in the middle of my chest where the sternum is and would occur every couple minutes and last around 5-10 seconds. It was excruciating and really felt like something was squeezing my heart. I've never experienced heartburn that bad before. I was thinking it might be acid reflux but I'm not sure.

Oh well, It passed now but the pain in my chest is still there, but it's very subtle now and less frequent. I guess I'll be seeing a doctor about that soon.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

do you think it is heartburn? was there gas/belching? almost sounds like anxiety attacks?

Old 11-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Sounds like you are allergic to Walnuts. Wow stay away from those. You may want to stay faithful with the Benadryl for a few days. I had an allergic reaction just like this but to Immodiun AD. The red Hives appeared for days with my Benadryl would wear off. A steriod shot would help you too. It will pass soon and you will be fine. Hang in there!

Old 11-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
(male)

TheKirsch HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolysods View Post
do you think it is heartburn? was there gas/belching? almost sounds like anxiety attacks?
Hmm, I wasn't aware that those are symptoms of an anxiety attack. And yes there was some minor belching/ gas.

It's strange, I've eaten walnuts many times in the past without such a reaction. Maybe the ones I ate were contaminated. Either way I'm not touching another walnut ever again.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

i'd be careful of all nuts now, always carry some benadryl. One of my friends developed a nut allergy in her late 20 early 30s

Closed Thread