It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
(male)

dean44 HB User
Allergic to lettuce?

I am looking for someone who can explain the following set of symptoms: My wife frequently experiences stomach discomfort and belching after eating a salad. In the past, she has been diagnosed as borderline hypoglycemic, allergic to naturally occuring aspirin, and on one occasion was diagnosed with gluten allergy and adrenal insufficiency. Do all of these various symptoms have a single root cause?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergic to lettuce?

Probably not. Roughage is difficult to digest for a lot of people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
(male)

java junkie HB User
Re: Allergic to lettuce?

Well first of all not knowing what is causing the problem in the first place can be the biggest challenge. After spending several years of research and much trial and error I came to find out I was Intolerant to a small group of foods after taking a food intolerance test through the ThinkRite system. I came across them one day while doing research on leaky gut syndrome. I had heard that when you have leaky gut one of the symptoms of having it can be slight to severe inflammation which can lead to heartburn, acid reflux as well as many other problems over time if left untreated. After receiving my test results and finding they came back positive on several foods, I removed them immediately and followed the regiment that they suggested I follow. Nothing really happened till after about 6 weeks and immediately all heartburn, reflux and fatigue left and never returned. The reason I am certain that this was the answer (at least for me) was because if I ever want the reflux, heartburn or fatigue to return ( of course who would?) all I have to do is go back to eating the foods that came up as positive on my test. After about two to three days all my symptoms would completely return. This was sort of aggravating to me because I was having several kinds of allergy and other tests from several different physicians and naturopaths but nothing conclusive or at least helpful ever really came from any of the tests they had me take (and all this testing was becoming very expensive) so I decided to go out on my own and search for answers since it seemed that I wasn't getting anywhere with the help I was receiving. I'm happy I did. There are many tests out there and that's a fact but I can honestly say that this was the one that made the difference for me. I am now positive that leaky gut was the problem and believe that many people take this condition too lightly and even the ones that are aware of it do not know how to properly treat the problem and stop its progression. Also, if you really do have a problem with celiacs (as I did) your intestinal lining will continue to get worse because with this condition your body is not only having trouble digesting the protein that is in the wheat but the undigested food will just sit there in your gut and cause the progression of the deterioration of your intestinal lining. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread