It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

Bella2615 HB User
Severe Hives

For the past 2 months I have been breaking out with hives every night or every other night and sometimes during the day. I only break out when I am home. I checked my laundry detergent, soap, changed my bedding, considered process of elimination with the foods that I eat and I still get them. I went to an allergist and it was a waste of a co-pay because according to him there is nothing wrong with me. Obviously, something is wrong if I keep getting them. I get them all over my body head to toe, and some are small and others are large welts. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? And if not what type of doctor can best help me identify the problem? Thank you very much

Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
(female)

KylieZofar HB User
Re: Severe Hives

Hi Bella,

How annoying are the hives??!! I have had them for eight months & have at times nearly lost the plot! I have found that cutting out Dairy, Soy & wheat has really helped lessen the severity of them. I have also found a really heavy moisturiser that helps too.

I read an interesting article last week regarding a link between hives & low/or no hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach. The article recommended getting this tested & if positive, the treatment is either bitter herbs or hydrochloric acid tablets. As I have been to the doctor about four times already decided to try some harmless options & have been drinking lemon juice with water & have been drinking Dandelion leaf tea & the hives have almost disappeared. It is a miracle!

I would also recommend having your thyroid levels tested, I had only had mine tested a few months prior, but in that time my TSH has risen to 9.5 so my thyroid medication has been increased.

I really hope that you find a solution that works for you as having hives can be very stressful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread