It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

jjjeee123 HB User
itching of the mouth and throat what does it mean

itching of the roof of the mouth and throat and sore throat congestion of the chest fatigue nose runny and sneezing alot! also got bit by a cat who has been vaccinated for rabies could that have anything to do with it.. got bit about a month ago and it happened in south carolina. terrified of rabies since i got bitten. the cat is an outdoor cat and to look at it you would think it was wild but its a pet that comes inside but he likes to hunt and stuff. my dad he is up to date on his rabies shot. he bit me on my hand and it didnt get infected. im still scared though because now im having flu like symptomn. or what is flu LIKE symptoms?

Last edited by jjjeee123; 12-30-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: dont know if its from allergies ive been terrified of getting rabies since i got bitten and i heard you get flu like symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: itching of the mouth and throat what does it mean

If the cat was vaccinated then you can't get rabies. It could be flu, could be any number of things like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: itching of the mouth and throat what does it mean

Believe me I have been going through this my whole life. It is probably allergies. I would go to an allergist or ear nose and throat doc to see whats up. I have severe allergies and had them my whole life. I wake up every morning with a semi sore or scratchy throat because I cant breathe from my nose, my whole face is congested, sometimes my eyes feel like there is pressure on them and I get headaches on the same side of my head where my sinuses are the worst, my ears pop and ring and feel like there is fluid in them, my jaw is stiff on the same side my headaches are on... but the itchy throat, i get that on and off. Its especially worse if there is some type of pollen in the air that I am really allergic to or it I pet my cat too much. Outdoor cats bring in a host of allergens on their fur, especially from rubbing on the grass. That may be a culprit. I would definetely go to the allergy doc and see what they say. Good luck!

Closed Thread