It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

mysixpack HB User
Bee allergy-venom shots -junior rheumatoid arthritis

I just wanted to share my story about my daughter. When I was going through it with her-I had no answers.
I have six kids. So far three of them are anaphylactic when it comes to a bee sting. Which I just now found out-is on heard of. I guess it is not common to have more then one kid allergic(and especially here on the west coast). To top it off two of them have been stung almost 20 times each. Another rare thing I guess. Those two are red heads, ones a boy 8 years old, and the other is a girl 6 years old. She is the one I want to tell about.
This past summer she got stung 3 times in a span of about a month. So we took her in and the allergist suggested desensitizing her. We decided to do both kids. We agreed to bring them in once a week for three years. A huge undertaking to say the least-but if it could save their lives-it was worth it. Well, the whole time my daughter would wake up with growing pains. I totally wrote it off to her growing. But then it get really bad. She would crawl into my room screaming and crying. All her joints hurt-all over her body. In my experience kids do not have pains like that from growing pains. It was really bad at night and first thing in the morning. Her doctor did not know what it was. We ran blood test with normal results. He then started to say it was in my daughters head. Oh my did this **** me off!!!! I couldn't believe he was saying this about a little girl that is like an angel! I told him that if he compared this to a kid who made up pain-then she would have to mentally ill to have the kind of pain she has. I even told him that my Mommy instinct was saying NO WAY! She was missing school (and she wanted to go), she just couldn't get the strength to go. She was also itchy all over her body and had fevers which I forgot to mention earlier. So, I decided to stop the shots. I had a thought that maybe she was reacting to them. Both doctors thought this was a crazy idea. Though they did agree that it was odd that it started after the shots began. She even spent three days in a hospital so they could control the pain. When she was not in pain she was drawing pictures with hearts, flowers and rainbows. It was crazy to think she could make this up. I've had kids who play sick to stay home for a day. Not weeks of getting up screaming in pain. I fought for her-telling everyone who would listen that it was real and we needed to help her. About 8 weeks after stopping the shots everything went away. The new allergist figured out that the shots turned on JRA in her. He said it was extremely rare, but it did happen with her.
So, the point of this story-stick by your kid-you know them best. Also, follow your instinct with your own health as well. I called it from the start. I'm sure they wont be telling the FDA about her-she might mess up their statistics. Every time a doctor says "We have never heard this medicine causing this or that" I feel sick. These doctors need to document what we are telling them. I took something recently and told the doctor that I had to stop it. It caused me to spin, extreme dizziness, he said it's not known to cause that. Then I read the pamphlet and it said dizziness on the first side effect. Do they want us all to feel crazy??

I hope my story helps someone out there. Don't give up! Demand answers! Follow your gut!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread