Re: Lost over daughters chemical allergies
It's hard to do anything at the school if it is not anaphylactic shock related. They wont help you unless it fits a certain criteria. We have a girl at our middle school that is allergic to latex(which is found in a lot at school-erasers, containers?, ect.).No one is allowed to bring balloons anymore for birthdays and we have been given a list of items our kids can not use. They have provided us with alternatives. She will die if she comes in contact from what they said.
I was never aware of allergies-I personally have only two. Until I had my kids. I have three kids with red hair, left handed, and allergic to the world. I also, have a blondish 2 year old who looks like a burn victim if she has eggs. Three of my kids are deadly allergic to bees. My oldest is allergic to red food dye-which is in everything! He just get real hyper!
All my kids go to public school. I have two of my kids on a study for seasonal allergies. It seems to do the trick. We also use benadryl, clariton, and some homeopathic dissolvable pills daily around here. You could even try the homeopathic pills for skin irritation. Also, creams are a daily part of our life.
Hang in there-try some other things before you pull her out. Not that I think home-schooling is a bad thing. I just think that we can also build immunities to things if we have them in small amounts. If it was a life threatening or quality of living issue-I WOULD PULL HER OUT!