It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
(female)

tiggyann HB User
Allergic reaction to Kickers 80 hour spray

I have had asthma all my life and in the past 5 years I have becoming more and more allergic to different things. I had recently used kickers 80 hour energy spray and for the first two does I was fine, nothing happened except I was full of energy. The next day I took another dose and 5 minutes later, the back on my neck was burning, like felt on fire and then my body got all hot and I felt like 20 million bugs biting me and couln't stop the itching, I took some bendryl and help calm the itching down. I'm not taking no more of that crap but concerned that whatever is in that spray is really bad for me and says you should not take if you had bad reaction to bees, I had not ever had a bad reaction before, couldn't it be something else?

krissy

Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

mysixpack HB User
Re: Allergic reaction to Kickers 80 hour spray

How many times have you been stung?? I have three kids who are deadly allergic to bees and we did not know it until about the 5th time. I also know that you have to have something a few times before your body will show it's true allergy. Obviously you should not test fate and try it again. Thanks for telling me that-I would never think that there was something out there my kids should not take, because of a bee allergy. That spray doesn't sound safe-really scary!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

tiggyann HB User

well I had worked in nurseries many years ago and I have maybe had 20 stings my entire life, but a few years ago, I found a nest of killer honeybees in the woods that stug me about 3 at a time and was chasing me out of the woods and I did swell up alittle more than normal.

But I have been taking the super b complex pills and the ginsing , royal jelly, and womans vitamin and nothing in there that makes me sick.

isn't there some kind of home test for bee allergies?

thanks
krissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysixpack View Post
How many times have you been stung?? I have three kids who are deadly allergic to bees and we did not know it until about the 5th time. I also know that you have to have something a few times before your body will show it's true allergy. Obviously you should not test fate and try it again. Thanks for telling me that-I would never think that there was something out there my kids should not take, because of a bee allergy. That spray doesn't sound safe-really scary!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If you were truly allergic to bee stings it would do more than "swell up a little more than normal!" I've only been stung twice - the first one made a knot about 3 inches across. The second time, my whole arm fromt my knuckles to my elbow were swollen and the skin on the arm flaked off from the heat of the fever.

They may have changed the propellant in the product or it may have been contaminated.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
(female)

tiggyann HB User

Well I really don't think it could be the propellant, which I doubt it even has any type of propellant since is a pump type spray and you have to prime the pump about 5 times to get it to work and it was all the same bottle as I used the day before. And don't think there is any chance it could have been contaminated since it was brand new bottle and I only used it the day before and then put cap back on bottle and put ito my dresser.

And sorry to hear about your allergies, but I don't think everyone has the same allergies and same reactions. and this was something that was realsed into my bloodstream about 30 seconds and was not localized to one place. And the times I did get stung was way before now and if you would have read my post, you would have seen the prior was just a reference on how many times I have gotten stung in my past and not about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
If you were truly allergic to bee stings it would do more than "swell up a little more than normal!" I've only been stung twice - the first one made a knot about 3 inches across. The second time, my whole arm fromt my knuckles to my elbow were swollen and the skin on the arm flaked off from the heat of the fever.

They may have changed the propellant in the product or it may have been contaminated.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
(female)

mysixpack HB User

Well, I have to say this is a very suspicious situation. You can't rule out bees-My kids are allergic to every variety, but you may only be truly allergic to one kind. I don't know if you can test at home for this. Bee allergies can be some of the worst allergies resulting in death if stung by the right bee in the wrong spot. If my kids get stung in their foot, I have time and can just give them benadryl to start. If they get stung anywhere else I need to use the epi pen. The drink wouldn't necessarily have the same reaction as a sting. I would go in and be tested-or at least stay away from drinks like that. Also, carry an epi pen with you. My allergist had a bee keeper who had been stung for 20 years with not even a bump reaction. Then one day he got stung and whamo he almost died.
I have learned way more about bees then I ever wanted to know. I've also sat through hours(it takes a lot longer to test for bees)of testing. They have now told me I need 2 epi pens in my daughter when she gets stung. I also found out that my name means Bee-pretty ironic!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
(female)

tiggyann HB User

I had asthma since birth, really bad as a baby and then my family moved from maryland to florida to get me better, cleared up somewhat as a child, to only come back again in full force with new allergies. Spring is the worst, going outside gets my sinuses running, it's horrible......I do have a epi-pen, I'm suppossed to carry it around with me, but I'm bad and I don't carry it around. But I usually do take my inhaler and my benadryl or clairtin with me cause I can't stand strong perfumes, certain pollens, etc, I'm very Anaphylactic so I know it's stupid not to carry a epi-pen around.

I had no idea you can be allergic to one kind of bee, and can your kids eat honey? does honey give them allergies?

thanks for the info helps me alot.

wow, sounds like you have a neat name and yes, how ironic you would and up them being a big part of yourlife. ...my name kristine stands for follower of christ ;=) I try to live up to my name sake.

Last edited by tiggyann; 01-21-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
(female)

mysixpack HB User

So far no one has had a reaction to honey-though I would not rule it out. You can go to an allergist and get tested for bee allergies. It can take 4-6 hours. They do 4 varieties at a time. They said that wasp were probably on my kids list, although they did not test for it. I guess they fit into one of the categories that they tested for and my kids tested positive for all of them. My kids also tend to react more to spider, flee, and bugs in general. My daughter got a bite last night in her sleep and was swollen on her chest this morning pretty good. I gave her meds and rubbed cream on it. She was still itchy!
I stepped on a Bee yesterday-which was ironic after writing this-lol This was only my 3rd time being stung. I'm assuming it was a half dead bee. Though it did hurt!!I really don't have any allergies. Just sulfa and ibuprofen. Which sucks being that I'm a woman-tylenol just doesn't help much at those certain times of the month-lol

ps-CARRY THAT EPI PEN!!!!!!!Those are the orders from my "mommy" side!LOL

Closed Thread