It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
(male)

mrt7777 HB User
What can untreated Allergies do to you?

My Kaiser allergy DR. doesn't know anything about allergies.

I've been going to her for the last 6 months.

Next monday I get a CT scan of my head to see is I have a sinus infection.

I'm having all sorts of bad things happen to my body.

I have Brain fog, bad skin, eye floater, etc etc etc.

But now i'm having yeast problems? my tongue is all white. now I have jock itch, and athletes foot????

I have allergies to thing I work around, but I never really knew it, I never had the runny nose, or itchy eyes, I just feel light headed 24/7.

My allergy tests were off the charts, I was +4( I guess thats the highest) with Grass, Mold, Dust mites, rag weed. and I had other minor allergies to my pets, and what not.

I guess when ever I Google allergies, it just talks about runny noses, and itchy eye's???? I dont have any of that. and I've had bad allergies for over 10 years untreated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: What can untreated Allergies do to you?

Have you not tried an antihistamine? Plenty of options OTC - claritin, zyrtec. Are you going to take allergy injections?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt7777 View Post
My Kaiser allergy DR. doesn't know anything about allergies.

I've been going to her for the last 6 months.

Next monday I get a CT scan of my head to see is I have a sinus infection.

I'm having all sorts of bad things happen to my body.

I have Brain fog, bad skin, eye floater, etc etc etc.

But now i'm having yeast problems? my tongue is all white. now I have jock itch, and athletes foot????

I have allergies to thing I work around, but I never really knew it, I never had the runny nose, or itchy eyes, I just feel light headed 24/7.

My allergy tests were off the charts, I was +4( I guess thats the highest) with Grass, Mold, Dust mites, rag weed. and I had other minor allergies to my pets, and what not.

I guess when ever I Google allergies, it just talks about runny noses, and itchy eye's???? I dont have any of that. and I've had bad allergies for over 10 years untreated.

Hey there, I went to an allergist a few years ago and was told that I was not allergic to dust, which I did not believe because as soon as I come into contact with dust, it affects me. However, dust continued to plague me.

Last week I had a food allergy test and they also tested me for inhalants and I was allergic to both dust (3) and dust mites (4+) as well as dogs (4++), cats (4++) and some grasses (3s). I start allergy shots next week for dust, dust mites, dogs and cats. I don't have pets but there are some in my building.

My feelings are light-headedness, brian fog, problems sleeping and going into certain malls is just a killer, like I am in another world, disconnected feelings. And when I sneeze, I bring the house down.

Aarondawg

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
(male)

mrt7777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Have you not tried an antihistamine? Plenty of options OTC - claritin, zyrtec. Are you going to take allergy injections?
Yes, I'm taking a antihistamine once a day, and a nose spray. I start shots next week.

Aarondawg...

Does your brain fog go away? or is it come and go? I feel like this 24/7. My vision is blurry, tons of eye floaters..

Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #5
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
Yes, I'm taking a antihistamine once a day, and a nose spray. I start shots next week.

Aarondawg...

Does your brain fog go away? or is it come and go? I feel like this 24/7. My vision is blurry, tons of eye floaters..
Some days more so than before. I just feel spacy when it happens. Also, I needed glasses 2 years ago because the doctor said that I was nearsighted. Not sure if allergies were the culprit.

Good luck with your shots too. We will both get some relief.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User

just a side question: are eye floaters connected to allergies??? i NEVER put the two together... but it makes sense now!!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 AM   #7
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidreaming View Post
just a side question: are eye floaters connected to allergies??? i NEVER put the two together... but it makes sense now!!
What's are eye floaters?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:

Aarondawg...

Has your allergies also affected your digestive system with post nasal drip and such? Nausea some days?

By the way, my allergy shots will not begin until the week of February 2 because the potion is not ready.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
(male)

mrt7777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarondawg View Post
Has your allergies also affected your digestive system with post nasal drip and such? Nausea some days?

By the way, my allergy shots will not begin until the week of February 2 because the potion is not ready.
Yes.. I have diarrhea and nausea... I dont know if that the nasal drip or not? Its bad in the morning..

Keep me posted on you feel once you start the shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidreaming View Post
Yes my allergy Doc told me that eye floater are a BIG sign of allergies.

Quote:
What's are eye floaters?
Black floating spots in the eyes. I have 7 in my left, and 2 in the right.

Last edited by mrt7777; 01-23-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User

I wish SOME doctor would have told me that! I freaked out when I saw my first floater. And I notice now that when I am really foggy, I seem to notice those stupid things more.

Floaters= most annoying things ever. They can also be a clear looking spot, black spot, line, translucent. They pretty much move with your vision, so if you are at a computer all day, ugh... its so annoying!

Old 01-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #11
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
Yes.. I have diarrhea and nausea... I dont know if that the nasal drip or not? Its bad in the morning..

Keep me posted on you feel once you start the shots.

Yes my allergy Doc told me that eye floater are a BIG sign of allergies.

Black floating spots in the eyes. I have 7 in my left, and 2 in the right.
MRT, I thinking that anytime something is flowing down your throat into your stomach, it affects it. I will keep you informed ask that you do the same.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
(male)

mrt7777 HB User

Quote:
MRT, I thinking that anytime something is flowing down your throat into your stomach, it affects it. I will keep you informed ask that you do the same.
I will keep you informed .

tomorrow I go for a CT scan, and my first shots.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #13
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
I will keep you informed .

tomorrow I go for a CT scan, and my first shots.
Thank you.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
(male)

mrt7777 HB User

I had a CT scan of my sinuses, everthing came back fine, I start my shots next monday, its taking for ever to get anything done. The doctor is going to start me on singular...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
(male)

Aarondawg HB User

Quote:
I had a CT scan of my sinuses, everthing came back fine, I start my shots next monday, its taking for ever to get anything done. The doctor is going to start me on singular...

Congratulations! I started my shots yesterday and dreaded the pain; however, I felt almost nothing in both arms. I was stoked! Round 2 is tomorrow; hence, Monday and Wednesday of each week.

Let me know how yours go next week.

Aarondawg

Closed Thread