It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

hirochan HB User
how long does food allergy last

how long does food allergy last

Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

sharewithme HB User
Re: how long does food allergy last

hi!

my reactions can last for minutes, hours or even days. if it is one I am very allergic to and my intestines are affected, it can last for over a week. Also if it causes congestion that can take quite some time to subside. I'd say the average is app. 2 days.

I was unable to pin point exactly all that I was sensitive to until I did allergy testing. The place where I test is different than most allergy DR's in that they do one item at a time and ALL of my symptoms, not just the wheal, count. It has been a great learning tool for me. One symptoms that was very debilitating was dizziness so severe I couldn't drive at times ands it turned out that beef (as well as mold) was one of the culprits. Since I have started following the rotary allergy diet, I feel so much better it is incredible. What I lived with before as normal was simply unbelievable.

And yes, I am allergic to many foods. In my case a result of toxic mold poisoning and MCS.

Hope this helps,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SassyInFL HB User

I have food allergies.
The reaction severity is dose related as is the time to clear.
Generally it is 24 to 48 hours. In worse cases longer.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
(female)

maryt2307 HB User

Unfortunately, there is no one answer to how long a reaction will last or how severe the reaction will be. Even testing can't tell you that until you have an actual reaction. Each person is different. My 2 year old son has multiple food allergies which we discovered when he was 10 mos old. He had been living with chronic eczema since about 4 mos, which cleared up when we had him tested for the top food allergens and I took the ones which he was allergic to out of my diet (I was breastfeeding at the time). I fed him one food he was allergic to (egg) and had an instant rash all around his mouth that cleared up in a few minutes. For him, it seems to be a mild reaction that goes away fairly quickly. But like I said, each person is different. Food allergies can be confusing and scary, the more you research and ask others about it the more confident you will feel. New research and studies are coming out all the time. Good luck!
Mary

Last edited by moderator2; 02-19-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Closed Thread