It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
(female)

whirlwind123 HB User
Desperate for suggestions for eye allergies

Hi all,
I have had allergies all my life I am now 57 years old., I take zyrtec and singulair on a daily basis. During different times of the year my eyes would itch or get red, I would use Optivar or Pantonel and it was fine.

Now,
This past August 2008., I started having blurred and distorted vision., I immediately made an appointment with a opthamologist, he did every test imaginable and they were all fine, he suggested I go to my primary care physician., he thought it possible could be allergies., but wanted the primary care doctor to examine me. I went to my primary care physician., he sent me for MRI of the brain., everything was fine, at this point I was very happy it was not nothing serious like a brain tumor., but yet i wanted to know what was going on as it was worsening, and made it difficult to drive , he gave me some cortisone eye drops hoping this would help., it did not, neither did the eye drops of optivar, but., we tried a medrol pack and that helped the eyes., needless to say I can not take medrol everyday., after a few weeks of being off the medrol, the symptoms all returned. My eyes I rinse out with refresh drops to try to clear out any allergens., and there is mucous in my eyes sometimes., but the blurred vision and distorted vision is back with a vengence., I have another appointment with the opthamologist., hopeing we can try some other eye drops., please anyone ever have this problem., I am at a loss., but I know I must find something to correct this. I have always had excellent vision. I have been going over and over in my mind if anything new came into my life in august 2008, but nothing..........
Thanks., any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by whirlwind123; 02-12-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: no replies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
(male)

mountianair HB User
Re: Desperate for suggestions for eye allergies

..I had about a year of eye allergies that drove me nuts!!! My eyes would water alot!!..they would itch at times...I was taking allergy shots..year number 3 and it started..I still think it might have been related to the shots..But what helped was my Dr said to wash my eyes with very warm water and Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo, ( it doesn't sting your eyes at all !! ) then I use a face towel with almost hot water, as eye packs.I no longer have the crazy watering eye problems..it was bad!! ..I still wash my eyes out now in the morning and before bed ..have you tried that?? Best of Luck !!!

Last edited by mountianair; 02-27-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Desperate for suggestions for eye allergies

I cannot give you a solution for this problem, but can assure you that allergies DO effect one's vision and the change in the vision can be different from day to day. A lot of it depends upon the weather and what you have been exposed to that irritates you. Allergies can effect the vision and your balance, at times as well as make a person miserable.

Closed Thread