It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
(male)

inmyeyes HB User
Cool Dark Circles Under Eyes, WHAT TO DO???

Hey Everyone...

Hope I don't have a double Post here. I posted something but not sure it went thru so here it is again. I went to an allergist about 2 - 2 1/2 Mos. ago and was Allergy tested not for food allergies yet, thats tomorrow. Well anyway he said I had allergies to Mites, Dust, Mold... He said my Dark Circles was due to my allergies and that my Sinuses were a Mess. Said something about the Sinuses being so bad that it needed to be cleared out before the Dark circles would go away. He gave me some Allergy Pills and Nose spray and said that would FIX it... Well guess what??? NOPE, My nose is still stuffed up and my Dark circles still there. Does anyone else have a problem with Dark Circles from allergies? Is there anything to do to Get Rid of them? I was thinking of asking about Allergy Shots, anyone have these shots and if so did it help with the DARK CIRCLES? Please let me know, looking forward to having someone HELP on this one.. Hating these Dark Circles More and More.
Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Dark Circles Under Eyes, WHAT TO DO???

They're called "allergic shiners" or "allergic facies" and are believed to be caused by increased blood flow and general congestion in the sinuses that cause some pooling of blood in that area.

They can be very hard to get rid of.

Unfortunately, you probably have to deal with the underlying sinus and allergy issues to get rid of them. That means you should be doing the following:
1. Taking an antihistamine daily (Zyrtec is probably the best option because it's over-the-counter and very effective).

2. Use a neti pot or SinusRinse bottle to irrigate your sinuses 2-3 times a day.

3. I assume the nose spray your doctor gave you was a steroid nasal spray - use that as directed. If it wasn't a steroid nasal spray, you should ask your doctor for one and use it daily.

4. Take 12-hour Sudafed in the morning if you feel congested.

5. If you have any symptoms of acid reflux (occasional heartburn, etc.) ask your doctor if it could be effecting your symptoms. Acid reflux has been identified as a cause or complicating factor in many people's sinus symptoms, and it doesn't respond to allergy treatment.

6. Allergy shots are an option you should check in to but they take many months to deliver results.
All of this stuff takes time so you'll have to be patient. It may take 2-3 months before you notice a significant improvement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
(male)

inmyeyes HB User
Re: Dark Circles Under Eyes, WHAT TO DO???

Thanks for letting me know.I appreciate your Help. I ws given a Pres. for allegra but Ins. don't cover. Thanks for the Zyrtec info. I have to check into the nose spray not sure what it has in it.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread