It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
(male)

S.O.S.meansHELP HB User
Cleaning and hives

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else here, has had their skin itch in certain places, arms, behind knee, and then all of a sudden broke out in hives up and down both arms, around armpits and across the waistline and groin area.

I worry about everything, and am a hypochondriac, and think I have HIV or something, and this happened 17 days after a sexual encounter.

What I have been doing for the past several weeks is throwing out old furniture, and have been sneezing and coughing from all of the dust in removing the cover off of the couch. I'm trying to rationalize what has happened here. Could the stuffing from inside the couch, which may have contacted my skin have caused me to break out in hives by scratching the itch, and not have any other symptoms like sneezing, coughing, etc. associated with it.

I broke out in hives for 3 straight days, and have been fine for the past few days, no hive outbreaks. I also had some sort of rash along with the hives.

I'm just trying to quell my fears and hear experiences of others. I am trying to rationalize that this may be due to my severe allergies to dust, and not some horrible underlying disease.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Hives? Lip Swelling/Itchy "Bites"..etc... HELP! popps Allergies 18 04-11-2008 05:01 PM
What finally cured my chronic hives HAIRDOER Allergies 37 01-19-2008 01:52 PM
Hives with Hyperthyroid Sqtpy Thyroid Disorders 7 12-15-2007 01:37 AM
Hives - Ankle/Feet Swelling, too? Blue Summer Allergies 1 06-09-2005 10:10 PM
Hives, achy bones and indigestion? Lumpylou Allergies 2 03-31-2005 11:49 AM