It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

mystikal1000 HB User
Huge FOOD ALLERGY issue, need some guidance...

I had an IgG Food Antibody Assessment.

The Allergy grades are below...
0=none detected
VL=Very Low
1=Low
2=Moderate
3=High

I have a 3 in the following foods
Lobster, Red Snapper, Salmon, Sardine, Shrimp, Lobster, Sole, Trout, Tuna.

I have a 2 in the following foods
Almond, Beef, Cabbage, Celery, Cod, Green Pepper, Lentil, Pinto Bean, Pork

I have a 1 in the following foods
Alfalfa, Apple, Asparagus, Avocado, Beet, Broccoli, Carrot, Chicken, Clam, Cottage Cheese, Crab, Cucumber, Grape, Honey, Kidney Bean, Lettuce, Lima Bean, Oyster, Papaya, Pea, Pear, Pecan, Potato (white), Sesame, Soy, Spinach, String Bean, Sunflower Seed, Tomato, Turkey, Wheat, Yeast and Yogurt

I am Very Low in the following foods
Apricot, Banana, Blueberry, Buckwheat, Cane Sugar, Casein, Cheddar Cheese, Chocolate, Coffee, Corn, Corn Gluten, Cow's Milk, Cranberry, Egg White, Egg Yolk, Garlic, Gluten, Goat's Milk, Grapefruit, Lactalbumin, Lamb, Lemon, Mushroom, Oat, Olive, Onion, Orange, Peach, Peanut, Pineapple, Plum, Sweet Potato, Raspberry, Rice, Rye, Strawberry, Walnut, Zucchini

I have no 0's (none detected) in any foods

The doctor only wants me to eat the "Very Low" foods only for 3 months as a part of eliminating all foods I have some type of allergy response, then I can eat the foods in the Low column once a week.

My question is what can I eat for protein, it appears only Eggs, Milk, Walnut, Peanut and Lamb have the most protein, all other foods are very low or don't have protein. I am very concerned about what I should eat for Lunch or Dinner daily. It is going to be a huge challenge!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2009, 05:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Huge FOOD ALLERGY issue, need some guidance...

Have you questioned the validity of your IgG Food Antibody Assessment?

Have you noticed any relationship between the Assessment's high allergy-grade foods and your own personal reactions?

In order to have some faith in your IgG Assessment, you might want to check the lab that did the IgG Assessment to see if they used a verification process. In other words, did they run your IgG Assessment more than once, perhaps at another facility, and compare results? How clinically pure were the food allergens, used to coat the ELISA plates used for the IgG Assessment?

I am not an expert in this area, have just done a little reading. The IgG Food Antibody Assessment is not an exact science, and the testing methods could be faulty. I would use results of the assessment as a guideline, in conjunction with my own food experiences, in order to separate fact from fiction.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 02-20-2009 at 05:35 AM.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
(female)

mystikal1000 HB User

It was done by Genova Diagnostics, so I would have to call them up and see, provided if they have more information about their testing procedures. I don't eat fish, so I can't comment on how I am reacting to it. I do take fish oil, but that doesn't cause any problems I know of. I stopped eating Almonds (moderately IGG allergic) since I had this test study done. I feel like I am having withdrawal symptoms from not eating almonds or salad. I have only eaten "very low" foods right now, I am feeling the effects (good and bad). I might continue a week to see how I do. I want to be safe about it and try to get all of my nutrition, the major concern is the intake of calories, but I haven't dropped any weight thus far... I have heard stories of how other people are feeling better since they are eating foods w/o an IgG response. I am curious if other people have done these type of tests. It would be nice to find a story. Maybe the people that have done these tests and followed the program are feeling good and don't need need to go on these boards...wishful thinking....

Thanks for your comment Machaon.

Last edited by mystikal1000; 02-21-2009 at 06:18 AM.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:11 AM   #4
(male)

metalheart HB User

Hi. I have much more longer list of forbidden products, but it is naturally that you can not eat only water, you should eat something more. Well my doc, told me such a trick: if you want to eat for an example tomato (dreadful allergic to it), you should not eat it a whole eat a half. Also i know that fact that for example chicken is extremely allergic, while beef is not so much. well i used to take antihistamines, i like CETRIZIN HEXAL, yes it has great sedative effect than other products from third generation but It really helps! i also ordered it from iops like Pharmaenergy and Rxpharmacy24, but it was long time ago. IMHO the main reason of all allergies is environmental pollution, every thing you eat or drink is genetically modified. Stop eating it all and move to the country, grow clean products and eat them, and you'll be fine for some time, until megapolis come to your lovely farm.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
(female)

violinjive HB User

I found out in 2007 that I was allergic to beef, eggs, all nuts, green peas, and sweet potatoes. Reactions occurred 6- 10 hrs later; usually after eating in the evening around 1700 or 1800; which meant that I had alot of sleepless nights(so did my husband). I had many of the following symptoms: dry heaves, diarrhea, cramping, hives, itching(trunk first then hands, feet, arms, legs), tingling tongue. I was afraid to go to sleep even after taking a Benadryl. I went to an allergist to find out what I was allegic to only after losing 10 plus pounds. Sure I wanted to lose some weight but not this way. I have since worked back in eggs, green peas, and peanuts( talk about a happy woman!!!) next is sweet potatoes. The allergy to beef is a genetic one and I want to find out all I can about it and any clinical trials that may occur. I eat alot of chicken, fish, beans, peanut butter, cheese and green peas for protein. Hope this helps and I empathize with you 100%..

Old 01-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User

I went through this a couple of times--one thing you have to be careful of is developing new food allergies to the food you are now eating. It can happen.
Especially if you now are eating more beef or chicken (or whatever)...your immune system is weakened.
I wish I have the means to grow and raise my own food---I am sure lots of my health problems would go away.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #7
(female)

violinjive HB User

While my immune system may have been very low I have since begun eating salads every day as my husband found out he is a person with diabetes. I also have been working out and taking my vitamins again. Now if I can just get the sleep I desperately need to stay healthy, my immune system will strengthen. I refuse to let allergies get me down.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
(male)

Lyneteck HB User

100 years ago, allergies were almost unheard of. Now, today, there is almost nobody that isn't allergic to something. (In the industrialized areas only, that is) It's not just allergies, its an epidemic of all major disease. Cancers of all sorts, diabetes, ms,etc., etc., etc., the list is astronomical. The only thing that has changed over the last 100 years is our immune systems. These diseases have always been around, but people in the past had strong immune systems. The best information that I can give you is what I experienced. I have had horrible spring allergies since I was a child. Every spring, for a month and a half, I could not function because of the sneezing, itchy swollen eyes, and hives. It has been my constant nightmare. About 3 years ago, I started taking a multivitamin/multimineral, (barefoot) coral calcuim, 2000IU of vitaminD3, and magnesium. I started taking this because I am in my fourties and the aches and pains of old age were attacking me. You see, I work outside constantly and my job is physically demanding. After the first month or so, I noticed a dramatic decrease in the daily aches and pains. Furthermore, after the next allergy season rolled around, I noticed my allergy symptoms were about 50% less intense. One year later, when the next allergy season arrived, my allergies were reduced by yet another 50%. And the year that followed that, I had NO ALLERGY SYMPTOMS WHAT SO EVER. Furhtermore, I feel like I did when I was in my 20's as far as energy goes. And, over the last 3 years, I have lost 45lbs. I have always battled with my weight and it just simply slowly began coming off. It's amazing what the body will do when we give it what it needs to fix itself.

Closed Thread