It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

prettiestpon HB User
allergy shot Reaction

i generally have few reactions [welts] from my allergy shots. i dont workout those days either, b/c that can induce a reation. i get two shots every week, and last week i had two golf ball-sized welts. they were very red and very warm and tender. it lasted for about a day. maybe this person didnt know what she Was doing, b/c i had never seen her before. but i doubt it. i never started getting reations like this until they added dog dander to my serum. honestly, i dont feel any less allergic to dogs either, maybe worse. but i can avoid them if i have to, not like dust or pollen. do u think i should ask them to stop including the dog dander to the serum?

does anyone ever get reactions like this?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: allergy shot Reaction

That's common. Do you take an antihistamine the day of your injections? That will help with the reactions and should allow you to work out or whatever you want. How long have you been on the injections? It can take 6 month to a couple of years to see any real relief. It was probably a year before I saw any noticeable difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

prettiestpon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
That's common. Do you take an antihistamine the day of your injections? That will help with the reactions and should allow you to work out or whatever you want. How long have you been on the injections? It can take 6 month to a couple of years to see any real relief. It was probably a year before I saw any noticeable difference.
i dont take any antihistimaines b/c they are too drying for my sinuses, doc's orders. the shots have def helped with my allergies to pollens and dust, but as far as the dogs.....no improvement, maybe worse. b4 my shots i used to be able to go my parents house, they have 3 low dander dogs, and stay for an hr without feeling sick. now i dont even last 30 min. it has been just over a year with the shots....it would def save me some money if they took dog out of the serum.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've never heard of them charging by the allergen! Here the shots have a set price and that's it. Interesting. And an anthistamine without a decongestant should not dry you out. What have you taken in the past?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
(female)

prettiestpon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I've never heard of them charging by the allergen! Here the shots have a set price and that's it. Interesting. And an anthistamine without a decongestant should not dry you out. What have you taken in the past?
no, they charge by The vial. i think b/c i have SO many allergies that when they added ''dog'' to the serum, They had to put it in another vial? My insurance just ran out, and im a college student [aka BROKE] so it will cost me 300 bucks for 2 vials. i wish they could get it all In one vial so i could pay 150.

i told them about my reaction, and she gave me a lower dose....and ive been good.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

OK, now I understand. They couldn't put the dog in with the others because you aren't at the same level since it's new. Also, FYI, some of the serum has different size molecules and they can't be mixed. I had that issue so had two injections all along. Good luck!

Closed Thread