Uhh, where to start?
i'm full of allergies. Nuts is the worst one.
My throat, inner cheeks, tongue, and lips swell up and go tingly.
the other day i didnt realise & ate a Classic Cornetto, i didnt realise that there were hazelnuts on it. i only had one bite, of the chocolate on the outside, not even eating any of the nuts, and i knew straight away.
I'm asthmatic [i also can't spell that :P] and instantly my mouth swelled up, i couldn't breathe properly and started to take my inhaler. i took three anti-histamines but they didnt even touch the reaction.
the reaction was worse than any i've had previously, i was in and out of consiousness and couldn't speak properly, my body was shaking and i couldn't feel my hands properly, they felt tingly. Everything sounded really loud & my eyes kept going in and out of focus.
I'm going to the doctors tomorrow, and having looked it up, i think it might have been mild anaphylaxis, and i was wondering what treatment i should ask for..? i was thinking an Ana-pen [adrenaline..] but i wanted to know what anyone on here would say? x
want to let you know how serious this can be. if you go into anaphylatic shock you can die. the fact that you say you were in and out of consciousness and your breathing was shallow, tells me you have life threatening allergies. you should already have an epi-pen, it can mean the difference between life and death. your inhaler will not treat the reaction your body is having. you should definately avoid anything you know causes you that type of reaction, you should always have benadryl and an epi-pen at hand.
please know that each time your body is exposed to an allergen the reaction can be worse. hope that there is not a next time, but if there is,immediately get yourself to an emergency room.
Thanks everyone, i went to the doctors and he just saidd i'm not a big fan of epipens but i think it'll really really help you and gave me one. which i feel a hell of alot better about and much more comfortable thank you all x