It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Is this even remotely possible...

Hi! I usually "hang out" on the pain management boards, but I'm having a strange allergy problem. I keep getting a skin rash that appears when I am at work, but goes completely away by Sunday evening.

Is it even remotely possible to get a rash/hives from an airborne allergen? To make things even stranger the rash is only on skin that is not covered with clothing- hands, lower arms, face, and neck. Most is on my hands and lower arms.

I have already tested and ruled out all the obvious, soap, laundry soap, shampoo, cleaners, lotion, etc. I bring my own soap and lotion to work, it's the same exact brand as I have at home. I haven't changed any brands or any of the obvious. I've had 2 prior adult occurrances of this, although those were hives. One of those incidents was short lived - a laundry soap that had changed the formula, the second lasted about 2 years. I finally figured it out after I fired the cleaning service for another reason. They had been told to use ONLY products I provided, but obviously did not. We don't have a service now so that's not it.

Does anybody know if it's possible this is airborne?

Thanks,

Tigg.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is this even remotely possible...

Have you considered that it's in the water????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

I suppose that's possible. I'll pay attention to when it starts tomorrow. I think it started this morning before I got anything to drink or anything. I'll pay closer attention tomorrow.

Tigg.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I didn't mean drinking it. I mean washing your hands in it.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh. That's not it then, unless it is something from drinking it. This is an old building and they didn't replace the plumbing when they re-did it. Yesterday it was all over my face, neck, and all of my arms that were not covered by clothing. The face and neck part dissappeared after I'd been home for about an hour, and the arms/hands calmed down. It came back today, but not quite as bad since I hit the benadryl before I came in today. I'm wondering about something in the ventilation system, dust mites, mold, could be about anything. I know I'm allergic to those though.

Tigg.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

You don't wash your hands there? And then put them on your face, neck, arms? You'd be surprised at what all you do with your hands!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Titchou,

I do use the water for washing hands, the rash is getting widespread enough that the water at work probably isn't it unless it's from drinking it. My back was covered last night and there are areas that I just can't reach.

Tigg.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

like you said could be just about anything. just to let you know it can even be viral uticaria.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo2174 View Post
Titchou,

I do use the water for washing hands, the rash is getting widespread enough that the water at work probably isn't it unless it's from drinking it. My back was covered last night and there are areas that I just can't reach.

Tigg.

Sorry - the original indication was that it was only on exposed areas.

Closed Thread