Posted a bit bout this in the Urology boards already, but jumped across to allergies too now to see if anyone can offer further advice!
I am concerned that I may have had either an allergic reaction to Imodium recently, or to something else. I was ill - needless to say and actually ended up in a hospital Accident & Emergency which ruined a night out for me. To put it simply, I think I'd have preferred to have had the time off College and suffered from the runs for a day or 2 than to endure what I did.
Basically, it's my understanding that Imodium is intended to "block you up" basically. What I got from it, was no more runs for most of the day but I got a really, really tight feeling in my back-end and I had real trouble passing urine for 2 days. Everything felt like it was going straight through me no matter how little or how much of whatever I drank.
Then on the second day in the night it got real ugly - I hadn't even had much of any liquids and I felt like I someone had literally plugged me up for good - I felt like I was completely busting to go. The pain just kept on coming and I wanted to go to pass urine so badly but just couldn't!
It quickly spread... I lost feeling in my legs and standing up and sitting down were really uncomfortable and I still had a lot of discomfort in my back-end (probably to do with what I was given the Imodium for in the first place).
Now, I've been told that this is VERY strange and is not a "normal" side-effect of Imodium. Therefore, from one series of tests and scans so far the only things that have been thought of so far are:
1) I had a bad allergic reaction to something in the Imodium
2) I was "poisoned" by someone/something - yeah that suggestion actually came up on here somewhere!!
3) I suffered an insect/spider/tick bite??
4) I had food poisoning and suffered more extreme side effects than usual from Imodium, and my weaker than average "flow rate" due to a possible (causes not yet known) narrower uretha?
Anybody here got any thoughts?
Comments all appreciated!