Does anyone else get this? I find that my allergies and allergic asthma gets worse on humid, muggy days. I live in Florida, where we have more than our fair share of days like this, and I have been noticing that I get more congestions, mucous and shortness of breath on muggy days - and we are having one of those days today. Is this unusual? I have been dealing with these allergy/asthma issues for about 10 years now, ever since I was in a "sick building". Before that time, I really did not have any allergy or sinus or respiratory issues. I feel like I am still learning about this stuff. I would really appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!
I actually react to both kinds of mold - blue/green and black - so I think I am doomed either way. We also get LOTS of standing water when it rains so outdoor mold, in addition to mosquitos, is a problem. I am curious mainly because I recently went on Singulair and Advair but am still getting symptoms. I know that with both of these meds it can take some time before you feel the effects fully, and I have been on them for less than one month. Maybe I am not being realistic in my expectations. I do feel better overall, but still get symptoms, like yesterday when it was sooo muggy. I am just trying to gauge if they are working or not.
I too have symptoms when it rains, can get very sick. I got very thorough testing and it turns out that I am allergic to the rain molds, leptoshpearia and phaeosphearia. So much so that I had to move to a more arid environment. Overcast days also bring on symptoms as I am allergic to many of the usual outdoor molds like both of the cladosporiums and alternaria, all of which are quite common everywhere outdoors especailly after it rains. If you are allergic, then staying indoors with a charcoal filtered air filter will help. If you have mold growing inside your living space then you are in real trouble, no matter what.
Was the sick building caused by mold or chemicals? If mold, having taken a serious enough exposure to make you sick, you are at greater risk for prolonged problems as the mycotoxins are difficult to get out of the fat tissue of the body and will create a toxicity level within your body that will leave you with long term (if not permanent) sensitivities.
I ended up so allegic that I became debilitated by it. The only things that have helped me so far are avoidance, slow detoxing, rebuilding my immune system and mold antigen therapy.