It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

deb63 HB User
Question chronic pressure urticaria

I have suffered with chronic pressure urticaria for almost 22 years now. I call it the "princess and the pea syndrome" because any bit of pressure will results in hives(wheals). My son was born on Sept 21 and exactly 3 months later on Dec 21 I went to the hospital with my ankles so swollen, itchy and sore I could barely walk. They told me I had hives which I never had before in my life. The hives were caused by a pair of boots that rubbed at the ankle. Over the years I am certain that this condition has something to do with how my body reacted when my hormones finally resettled after pregnancy. Some kind of chemical imbalance. I also will get hives(rashlike) from heat which really gets irritating in the summer months. Another benefit seems to be that I then also became allergic to eggs at the same time. Do not get hives from the eggs but my tongue, lips and throat itch and I feel a deep ache in stomach and back. I will only take Benadryl when hives are really bad as I hate to take medication. I would love to solve this problem once and for all. Any suggestions on who to see or what to do. Has this happened to anyone else because of pregnancy?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

islandang HB User
Re: chronic pressure urticaria

hi deb.i know what your going threw.i too have been suffering from both delayed pressure urticaria and chronic idiopathic urticaria for the past 5 yrs.it was just recently diagnosed.they r not sure what causes urticaria.there are many types.pressure urticaria is differ from the rest.it is rare and believed to be an autoimmune disease that is at times disabling.you can have more than one,has i do.pressure urticaria is not fully treated with histamines like the others.you could also have angioedma which is also associated with urticaria.it causes painful swellings in the face/throat area.there is no cure!!you can not rid it.it usually disappears in 5 to 20 yrs or so.i get hives and painful swellings all over my body everyday and i too have a 2 yr old.its hard.yes.heat can be a factor and unless you sit on your bum all day(which u would have hives there as well)theres no stopping it.i know u dont like pills but your only relief would be to take an h1 and h2 histamine blocker as well as an anti-inflammatory.talk to your dermatologist.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-28-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

HinaFaisal HB User

i am suffering from chronic urticeria from the past 2 months.I never had this problem in my life.it was just recently when i went to Kingdom of Bahrain to visit my family n it all started there,my body started itching n i thought that its coz of extreme weather change coz in london it was quite cold n very hot n humid in Bahrain.Doctor gave me some allergy tablets to eat.i took them for about 3 weeks n when i came back from Bahrain i stopped using them,but again i had same problem my body started itching n got rashes all over my body.I couldnt turn on the heating coz it made my body uncomfortable n itching started,no coffes as well.my skin use to burn n i could feel the heat from my body plus my lips use to become red n swelled.I went to my GP n explained him everything he said u r suffering from urticeria n i didnt know whats that.he gave me allergy tablets to eat CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 MG n told me to eat it for a month u will b fine coz its just temporary.I took them for a month n was feeling all ok but now again i finished eating the whole pack n back to same problem its been 4 days now n have same rashes n itching on my body which makes me really upset.I dont know what is this urticeria,have searched a lot on net n it makes me upset coz its very scary..Me n my hubby we r planning for the baby as well n im not sure that will i b able to concieve during medication of urticeria.

Can any one plsssssssssssssss help me out n let me know how i can get rid of it.I am tired of eating medicines n my hair r falling like any thing from past 3 weeks is it coz of this urticeria.IS it dangerous n how long will it take to finish...plsssss any body who knows about it let me know..im very worried n stressed coz of this...PLS HELP ME..

Last edited by HinaFaisal; 11-29-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
(female)

HinaFaisal HB User

Well according to the serach that i made on net i came to know im suffering from chronic urticeria..what is causing me hives im not sure...i think may b it is coz ov heat coz when i turn on the heating my body starts itching n it becums all red,but when i go out in cold im all fine,im not eating eggs n drinking coffees,one thing i noticed that if i take bath wih hot water i get rashes,my lips normally burn n turns red,if i just press my skin a bit harder it becums red n i can feel the heat coming out of it,n if i rub it i can c red lines appearing on my skin but they disappear after few minutes.im not sure what is all this,my hair r even falling i dont know why.I think i have physical urticeria like from heat cant eat any warm stuff...I just took PIRITEZE ALLERGY TABLET 2 days back n was feeling better but i didnt take it from 2 days n now again have little bit of itching n rashes..what is all this im not sure....were u suffering from the same thing..do i need to go for allergy test or skin test..One of my friend is a doctor n he told me its just temporary n will go like within 3 to 4 months..when ever u feel itching or get rashes just take allergy tablet u will b fine..but i dont think this is a permanent cure..i want to get rid of it for ever..

Last edited by Administrator; 05-28-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Closed Thread