It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
(male)

hunterdalem HB User
Topical vs ingested reactions.

Girlfriend was recently diagnosed as being allergic to , it seems like, everything on earth. Corn, corn products, wheat, wheat products, soy, soy products, our cats, certain airborne pollens, nuts and nut trees like oak, hickory, the list goes on. As a matter of fact when they did the pin test or scratch test on her back the other day, everyone in the office said they had never seen anybody have that big of reaction to the test and began taking pictures. Subsequently so she asked me this question this morning: If I am allergic to all these things and I avoid food containing them what about soaps, shampoos, and make up? Some of those have corn oil etc. I was wondering about it so much so I posted here wondering what you all may know.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Topical vs ingested reactions.

She probably should avoid them as well. Of course, she can always give them a try and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
accidentally ingested tiny piece of plastic. brentris Open to All Other Health Topics 2 11-17-2005 07:52 PM
Never leave creams or topical agents lying around! Allfor1/1forall Children's Health 1 08-24-2005 07:20 AM
Accutane Users/Topical Steriods bella_victory Acne 1 12-16-2004 05:52 PM
topical tretinoin while on accutane? GoodGirlNow Acne 4 07-11-2004 06:33 PM
topical spiro 2% or 5%? jabbathegut Acne 8 04-28-2004 07:54 AM