Originally Posted by michele51405
... When he has a reaction he has an extremely hard time breathing, pains under his rib cage, and is extremely bloated.
After a bad reaction to food, does he suffer terribly for a day or two, or does he get over it after the breathing clears up?
Since he was diagnosed he has been very good about his diet. All of the sudden the last few days he cannot eat anything without having a reaction...he has been very miserable.
Allergies are cumulative. In other words, let's say that your husband only reacts when his allergy reaction total gets to 20. Your husband scored a 4 on wheat and a 3 on corn, soy and peanuts. If he would eat Wheat, corn, soy and peanuts all at the same time, say, on a Pizza, he would suffer an allergic reaction equal to a allergy reaction total of 13 (4+3+3+3).
13 would not give him any problems, unless he came into contact with a tree pollen, grass pollen, and weed pollen of over 7! That would push him to the 20 level and cause a nasty allergic reaction.
Then...... if a cat (allergy level of 3?), or some dust (allergy level of 2?) is encountered and poor hubby is up to an allergic reaction of 25!!!, which would cause hair to grow on his toenails!
You can't avoid the pollens of trees, grasses, weeds, because you breathe them in all the time, or they touch your skin all the time.
so...... the next best thing is to get allergy shots for most tree, grass and weed pollens in your area. After a year or so of steady, very low dosage shots, hubby might be able to eat more things that previously caused nasty allergic reactions.
I don't have medical training or formal education. I can only tell you what worked for me. And..... it has worked VERY WELL!
My asthma and my sinuses are as clean and comfortable as when I was a little bitty baby!
Take care..... be well!