It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

Peyjad HB User
Does this sound like allergies?

Hello! I have a wide range of symptoms and after seeing various drs I am at my wits end. I have had symptoms for year now but most recent ones are, sinus pressure, ear fullness, popping and sometimes slight pain, post nasal drip, weakness and achiness in forearms and calves with burning sensation sometimes. Ent did sinus scan and found nothing, GP thinks it's stress and anxiety. I've read this can all be allergy related. Any advice for me??

Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Does this sound like allergies?

The definitive way to find out is allergy testing. Why haven't you done that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

Peyjad HB User

I haven't done allergy testing yet because I was feeling out my other drs. and seeing if they thought it was neuro or not. I am a self-admitted hypochondriac! My gp doesn't think it's allergies, she thinks it's all in my head!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, have you tried an antihistamine to see if it does any good? I'd do that since it's relatively inexpensive. Then the next stop would be an allergist to see if he thinks testing is warranted.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
(female)

care_berry HB User

Hi Peyjad. I hate to hear that the doctors are all thinking it's in your head! Sorry to hear that. Sounds to me you really do have some symptoms and they just don't have any answers for you. From your symptoms, they really do sound like they are allergy-related. Yeah, so I would do some allergy testing if I were you. It wouldn't surprise me if they found some sensitivity there. My food allergies were causing my anxiety/panic symptoms and they are now gone. See how it can all be related? The anxiety was the symptom or warning I was eating what I wasn't supposed to. So hopefully this can give you a better idea of what's up. Good luck and let us know how it all goes for you!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 AM   #6
(female)

Peyjad HB User

Thanks for the advice! I definately am going to go get testing. I'm still waiting for some blood tests but that's all. I wake up feeling fine usually than as the morning goes on I get this intense pressure in my nose (w/o any drainage???) and constant ear popping. Benadryl makes me so sleepy, what other antihistamines are good? Zyrtec, claritin? I did take my kid's Zyrtec but only for 2 days, does it take awhile to start working? I appreciate all your advice and will keep you updated on what I found out!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Benedryl will make you drowsy so I would only take it at bedtime. I use zyrtec and it works well for me. It's OTC and fairly cheap if you just want to try it.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:14 AM   #8
(female)

Peyjad HB User

Thanks! I'll get some today

Old 11-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
(female)

Peyjad HB User

BTW Titchou... I LOVE the creative name!

Old 11-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hmmm...it's a standard Cajun term of endearment, cher! Heard it all my life, me.....

Old 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
(female)

Peyjad HB User

Shows ya what I know... I thought it was for 'tissue'

Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

It's pronounced "tee-shoe"...short for "petite chou" - my little cabbage....

Closed Thread