It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

rrobertson HB User
allergy to eyeshadow

I have developed an allergy to my eyeshadow - swollen and red eyelids.
I've been using benadryl cream to treat. Is this safe to use so close to my eyes? Are there any eyeshadows that I could use that I would not be allergic to?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: allergy to eyeshadow

Almay has eye shadows and mascara and eye liner that are hypoallergenic you could try those. I wouldn't use benadryl cream on my eye lids. It says right on the package to avoid contact with eyes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
(female)

TheRedOne HB User

I have the same problem....I can wear eyeliner and mascara but I all of a sudden cannot wear any eyeshadow. I've tried clinique, almay, all of the 'hypoallergenic' brands, and nothing works....

Old 12-23-2009, 04:49 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You can use a little cortizone cream on the lids as well if the benedryl isn't working. Usually the offending problem is with shades of pink or purple because of the dye associated with those colors. if that's the case, then try some other color. The best brand I found is Prescriptives but they are closing that line down at the end of January. I, too, have problems with Clinique so am not sure what I am going to do!

If you don't use a base under the eyeshadow, you could try that and see if it helps. It does for some people.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
(female)

rrobertson HB User

Thanks for the advice. I have been using a pink eyeshadow - maybe that is the problem - as I don't always have a reaction. Also, the base under the eyeshadow sounds like a great idea! I've used Lancome probably for 20 years and never had a problem. I suspected that they had changed the formula of ingredients which may have caused a reaction. But I'll try your suggestions.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

While I love Lancome, I absolutely cannot wear their eyeshadow or blush in any pink or purple shades. It's very irritating to my skin....and one of my best friends works for Lancome! I could get samples for free but I just cannot wear it. Good luck!

Closed Thread