It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
(male)

john1966 HB User
a puffy left eye

For about a week, around my left eye feels swollen or puffy, the feeling is on the bottom and top eyelid and also on the side toward the bridge of the nose. It is only around the left eye, the right eye has no such feeling. When I look in the mirror, that eye basically looks fine. Doesn't look like there's much or even any swelling, except maybe the eye is closed just very, very slightly more than the right eye. At first I thought maybe I was getting pink eye and I'd wake up with my eye swollen shut and all pink, but it never happened. Then I thought maybe I haven't been getting enough sleep, but the past few days have been fine for sleep. Is this sensation sinus pressure? It's not painful or anything, just feels puffy. It's not going away or really getting worse either. Lately the bottom eyelid seems to spasm a bit occasionally. I am not particularly congested lately, nose isn't running. Allergies have been on and off this spring, but right now they don't seem too bad. I just don't know what to make of this minor annoyanceRead more at Healthboards. http://www.healthboards.com

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
(male)

rjones1 HB User
Re: a puffy left eye

That can be from a variety of things. The twitch is an irritated sensory nerve. Generally oral anihistamines, anithistamine eye drops and cold compress will kill the twitch no matter the source.

Eventually you may need to see a Eyecare provider if it persists.

RAJ OD

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1966 View Post
For about a week, around my left eye feels swollen or puffy, the feeling is on the bottom and top eyelid and also on the side toward the bridge of the nose. It is only around the left eye, the right eye has no such feeling. When I look in the mirror, that eye basically looks fine. Doesn't look like there's much or even any swelling, except maybe the eye is closed just very, very slightly more than the right eye. At first I thought maybe I was getting pink eye and I'd wake up with my eye swollen shut and all pink, but it never happened. Then I thought maybe I haven't been getting enough sleep, but the past few days have been fine for sleep. Is this sensation sinus pressure? It's not painful or anything, just feels puffy. It's not going away or really getting worse either. Lately the bottom eyelid seems to spasm a bit occasionally. I am not particularly congested lately, nose isn't running. Allergies have been on and off this spring, but right now they don't seem too bad. I just don't know what to make of this minor annoyanceRead more at Healthboards. http://www.healthboards.com

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread