It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
(male)

Wamba HB User
Ultrasonic Dust Mite Controllers - Do They Work?

Hi,

I have been looking at these plug in ultrasonic dust mite controllers, but haven't been able to find very many reviews of them, or scientific proof that they work for that matter.

Do any of you own one? And if so what has been your experience?

Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 08-29-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Ultrasonic Dust Mite Controllers - Do They Work?

I don't have one but I do use something else.

Dust mites live on dead skin cells that fall off of our bodies. That means most would be found in your bed and on furniture, not floating around in the room air for a dust mite collector to catch. The #1 place for then is your mattress and your pillow.

So I went and got One Micron dust mite covers for my bed and pillow. They are so finally woven, nothing larger than one micron can get through them. So dust mites are trapped inside. The sides nd bottom of the cover is plastic but the top is the special material that allows the mattress to breathe and keep you comfortable but no mites. It can be removed and washed as necessary to get rid of new dust mites that collect on top. The pillow cover is 100% the material and also washable to soften it and get new mites off.

That helps...I don't see how a filter can since they don't go flying around in the air. They hide in your mattress and furniture. Vacuum the furniture and cover the mattress and pillow. That is what has helped me.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 AM   #3
(male)

Wamba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
That helps...I don't see how a filter can since they don't go flying around in the air. They hide in your mattress and furniture. Vacuum the furniture and cover the mattress and pillow. That is what has helped me.

Jenny
Ok, maybe you didn't read my post carefully enough. It's not a filter I'm asking about but an ultrasonic controller.

They plug in and emit an ultrasonic noise, that supposedly disrupt the dustmites, and over a few weeks reduces their population.

I'm sure there are some people on this forum who have bought these devices, and can share their opinions on them.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I have difficulty believing that the product might work. And even if the dust mites are dead, they are still inside your mattress.

Closed Thread