It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

a1234567 HB User
Recurring Rash on Knees and Feet

Hoping someone can help me figure out what this is.. I'm a 24 year old female from NY. For the past month or so I have been getting a rash on the front of my knees and tops of my feet. It has happened a few times a week, always when I'm cooking dinner. It's hot and that's how I first notice it, the heat. It is not raised and not itchy. It lasts about an hour or so and then fades away. The only thing I can think of is that it comes when I'm warming up my body temperature by moving around in the kitchen and leaning by the oven/stove. It's in the 30s in NY now and I've always been sensitive to the cold, always have freezing hands and feet in the fall/winter. I just got nervous since it happens in the same spot a few times a week, always around the same time of day. I'm wondering why it doesn't move around and is only on the front of knees and tops of feet. Anyone have any advice? I don't even know which of my doctors to call. I have fibromyalgia and food allergies. The rash comes before I eat anything so I know it's not related to that, and I'm not on any new meds for the fibro so I know it's not that. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Recurring Rash on Knees and Feet

It could be related to dry skin or sudden changes in temperature. Try using a hypoallergenic moisturizer after you shower, and maybe before you cook. I use plain Vaseline to moisturize my skin.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
a1234567 (12-07-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
(female)

a1234567 HB User
Re: Recurring Rash on Knees and Feet

Interesting. I have been more stressed out than usually lately. I wonder if that has anything to do with it as well. I agree too that the mind can do crazy things to the body. Thanks for the input.

Closed Thread