It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

alfy02 HB User
Can pollen cause extreme hyperactivity in kids?

Hi All -
I am new to this board and hoping I might find some answers. My daughter is 6-years old and has ADHD. She also has asthma that typically kicks in when she has a virus. Over the past couple pollen seasons I have noticed that her eczema gets worse when the pollen starts - and she has seemed just kind of spacey. This year, however, her behavior has become noticeably more oppositional and very difficult to deal with.

She is currently on allergy medication (Zyrtec) that seems to be helping with the eczema and asthma (somewhat) - but her behavior has never been so difficult. She has been on Zyrtec for the past 2 pollen seasons with no extreme behavior problems.

I need to get her into an allergy/asthma doctor (again) because her reaction to the pollen is so extreme. Has anyone else experienced this reaction to pollen?
What can be done in addition to Zyrtec. She has inhalers as needed, but those just increase the behavior problems. Thanks for any input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread