It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User
Anyone in the northeast having bad spring allergies already

I'm usually not this bad this early, I thought with all the snow we would have a milder spring allergy season, or is it the opposite?

Old 03-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Anyone in the northeast having bad spring allergies already

I have had such horrible allergies for years that you would not believe it. They have thrown me off balance when walking; could not think straight and as time went on, I was allergic to more and more things. Less than three weeks ago, I went to a good acupuncturist and I can see a HUGE, HUGE difference. Before seeing her, I was allergic to everything but food. You may want to give this a try. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I've been bothered since the beginning of March! And if you check pollen counts, they've already spiked pretty high.

A snowy winter actually means a severe tree pollen season, because all the extra moisture causes the trees to bloom with enthusiasm.

I'm currently getting allergy shots. No results yet, but I'll give it a few more months!

Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
(female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User

I am actually on maintenance dose shots, and this spring seems to still be bothering me!

The shots have definately helped, but I can't say that they have eliminated my symptoms entirely. I guess the counts must be pretty high, and I can't imagine that my shots have every species of tree in them!

I might give the acupuncture a try.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I am also on injections and on maintenance dose and have been for some time. This is TERRIBLE allergy season and acupuncture has saved me. The shots can only do so much. I have been to the acupuncturist for something like five or six times and the last time I saw her, she told me my system was all messed up when I first went and she is correct. I NEVER realized that allergies could effect a person to the extent that they have. If you go to a good acupuncturist, he or she will see if you sinus areas are blocked and get this, she find spots on my legs that were effected by the allergies. It has to do with the meridians and what acupuncture does, as far as I am concerned, is throw one's body back on to balance. Now, that does not mean one should go off the injections. I hope this is of help and please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
(male)

ozzdan21 HB User

im having rediculous allergies right now. im located in minnesota and now that the snow is virtually all gone, the allergies are killing me. Ive been using a mask for outdoor activity, its called the rzr mask, it has a filter that prevents dust inhalation. really has helped thus far, but the allergies are still wicked right here

Old 04-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I am in central Texas but we had snow several times this year and very cold weather. My allergies have been AWFUL. I'm glad to hear (but sorry to) that I'm not the only one that feels like "I'm just not on balance." The wind drives me crazy. I would have thought with the cold weather that my allergies would be better but I think this is one of the worst years. I flat don't feel good and only thing it can be is allergies.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
(male)

branfeld HB Userbranfeld HB User

I'm in New Hampshire and my allergies have been awful. All the extra moisture has encouraged the trees to go nuts and mold counts are also up.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
(male)

arihalli HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
I am also on injections and on maintenance dose and have been for some time. This is TERRIBLE allergy season and acupuncture has saved me. The shots can only do so much. I have been to the acupuncturist for something like five or six times and the last time I saw her, she told me my system was all messed up when I first went and she is correct. I NEVER realized that allergies could effect a person to the extent that they have. If you go to a good acupuncturist, he or she will see if you sinus areas are blocked and get this, she find spots on my legs that were effected by the allergies. It has to do with the meridians and what acupuncture does, as far as I am concerned, is throw one's body back on to balance. Now, that does not mean one should go off the injections. I hope this is of help and please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.
If an allergy was a person i would commit homicide. How does one know how to pick a good acupunturist? Thanks..

Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

We happen to have an excellant accupunture lady not far away. But...it is sooo expensive and insurance doesn't cover. I've heard she has done some amazing things other than just help with allergies. I lost my sense of smell long time ago (at least 8 yrs) and she thinks she can help with that. When I win the lottery, I'm headed her way! It's awful (and dangerous) not to be able to smell! I have nearly caught the kitchen on fire 3 times until my husband said "quite cooking." I miss smelling my little granddaughter's hair, going and checking out all the new perfumes, puppies breath for God's sake! LOL. You would think I wouldn't want to eat but that sure hasn't affected me! But, I read not long ago that not being able to smell food does cause you to eat more sometimes. Something about your brain not connecting to the sensors or something like that. I also have this larynx reflux crap that I've learned causes a myraid of problems. So, it's like I don't know what's causing what?

The Following User Says Thank You to CharBerry For This Useful Post:
arihalli (04-22-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I honestly do not know. I was just lucky. There is a new Chinese one not far from me. You have nothing to lose by trying anyone you find, but be leery of all the herbs they want to sell you.

The following user gives a hug of support to danabarb:
arihalli (04-22-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

This lady is Chinese. The people who brought her to this small town (pop 430) had a home in Houston and in their home town so when they retired...They brought her with them! They are also related to me so I do believe in her, but I have heard that she'll sure try to sell you some herbs, Which, may not be a bad thing? I live in "Oak Forest" in my dream home and then found out I'm allergic to OAKS! These blooms are what's killing me and hopefully they will have all fallen before to long.

The Following User Says Thank You to CharBerry For This Useful Post:
arihalli (04-22-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

You don't have to buy anything she wants to sell. If it is of of any comfort, I think people all over the country are having problems due to the nutty weather. My husband has felt it and he is built of cast iron. I think acupuncture puts one's body back on balance more. If you don't get injections, you may want to look into that, but get yourself a GOOD allergist.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:03 AM   #14
(male)

arihalli HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBerry View Post
We happen to have an excellant accupunture lady not far away. But...it is sooo expensive and insurance doesn't cover. I've heard she has done some amazing things other than just help with allergies. I lost my sense of smell long time ago (at least 8 yrs) and she thinks she can help with that. When I win the lottery, I'm headed her way! It's awful (and dangerous) not to be able to smell! I have nearly caught the kitchen on fire 3 times until my husband said "quite cooking." I miss smelling my little granddaughter's hair, going and checking out all the new perfumes, puppies breath for God's sake! LOL. You would think I wouldn't want to eat but that sure hasn't affected me! But, I read not long ago that not being able to smell food does cause you to eat more sometimes. Something about your brain not connecting to the sensors or something like that. I also have this larynx reflux crap that I've learned causes a myraid of problems. So, it's like I don't know what's causing what?
I dont mean to get off topic but..... i have this larynx reflux crap too. I had a flouroscopy (sp) and an endoscopy and they both seemed normal. Yet, whenever i have citrus, coffee, chocolate, etc - days later - i have some problems. Breathing, post nasal drip and i swear they initiate some sinus trouble - but the ENT says that its not so. I do not get heartburn from it. I asked the Gastroenterologist - and he thinks the entire sinus thingy is largely unknown. He said its his experience that the interrelationship between sinus's, respiratory, digestive problems is still not quite understood - whether its caused by allergy or whatever. What symptoms do you have with larynx reflux crap? Thanks.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:09 AM   #15
(male)

arihalli HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
You don't have to buy anything she wants to sell. If it is of of any comfort, I think people all over the country are having problems due to the nutty weather. My husband has felt it and he is built of cast iron. I think acupuncture puts one's body back on balance more. If you don't get injections, you may want to look into that, but get yourself a GOOD allergist.
Accupunture - i am going to give it a 'shot'...ha.....i am 61 yrs old. Have suffered from allergy triggered problems for 12yrs now. (I had it when i was young and it left me at 16yrs old).
My wife has been mentioning accupunture or naturopath for some time. I went the allergy injection route for 4 months. When i got to the top of my maintenance dose - i kept ending up in the Walk-In clinic to get a shot of prednisone. The allergist said i was one who REALLY needed the injections as i had the worst case. But she finally told me that my body couldn't handle the injections anymore and i should quit.

Closed Thread