It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

Grizabella HB User
Likelihood of food allergy based on my symptoms? Desperate for advice

If you could take the time to read this and advise me I'd be very grateful, I am 21 years old and I have been suffering for a whole year and the doctors don't know what to do with me.

Last year I began to develop some of the symptoms of IBS, the main symptom being trapped wind and bloating that happen frequently. Whenever I eat a large meal I always suffer afterwards. My stools can be loose if I've eaten too much the day before. I often wake up in the morning with a stomach ache, wind related I think. Not so much anymore, but I used to get bad acid reflux and I was prescribed antacids to control it. I do still it get now and again.

My worst symptom happened suddenly a year ago, it was like a reaction down in the vulva area, swollen and burning. This died down eventually but ever since that moment, I have not been right down there, the skin is itchy (particularly on contact) and often down there flares up, burning and red, and when this happens my urine burns to pass. Often it appears that urinating triggers a flare up. The anal area can itch too, and often there is mucus there after passing stools. My discharge increased, I get a lot of white discharge that varies in consistency but I have had this tested many times and there is nothing wrong with it. The more discharge I have, the worse my symptoms are, it's as if my body is trying to fight something. Gynaecologists have done all the tests you can think of (STIs, yeast, PH testing etc), I have tried antibiotics, anti yeast medicine, steroid creams, the lot, with no relief. I've even had skin biopsies down there and 11 doctors and 2 gynaecologists later, the conclusion is there is nothing wrong with my vagina and I am no better off than when I first went to the doctor. I have tried using all hypo-allergenic products and washing my clothes in water only, to no effect.

I also from time to time get itchy skin all over my body, and labels on clothes irritate me. I also get sores inside my nostrils that get very sore.

So if there is nothing wrong with my vagina and I'm also having IBS sort of symptoms and other symptoms, is there a chance there is a link, and could this be down to a food intolerance? Doctors have never mentioned it, they haven't mentioned allergy at all really, I have tried and they have ignored it so I'm trying to seek advice elsewhere.

Last edited by Grizabella; 07-11-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Likelihood of food allergy based on my symptoms? Desperate for advice

I didn't read your whole note, but saw the ending. You are paying the dr. for his knowledge. TELL him you want the name of a GOOD allergist and if he will not give you one, call your local hospital for a name. There is no reason you should be getting the brush off. I have found, over the years, that I have had to become rather aggressive with the medical profession-more so than I care to be. About your IBS, please look up the testimonials for Digestinol on the Internet. It is rather expensive, but has helped many, many people. Good luck.

Closed Thread