It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
(female)

caisaco HB User
very very itchy skin! Help?

Well to start off I'm allergic to basically everything: every tree, grass, pollen, dust, dustmites, all animals, hay, soy, raw fruits & veggies etc!

I've been on weekly allergy shots for almost three years (don't see a difference!) I take singulair and claritin year round every day. I actually developed asthma from my allergies.

I'm getting allergy tested again next week since it's been years and they said maybe it will help if they re-test me and re-make my allergy shot serum.

They also told me to not take claritin or benadryl for a week prior to my testing so I stopped claritin a few days ago. All my skin has been itching like crazy! I can't get a relief! My breasts, arm pits, thighs, butt cheeks, back, stomach especially, neck and arms itch so bad I'm miserable. I don't know what to do. I did eat strawberries last night and I've been even more itchy since.. I think my body got more itchy from the strawberries, I never get this itchy though. When I eat raw fruit or veggies my lips and tongue tingle and itch and my stomach and throat too, sometimes my lips swell, and I get under the skin bumps on my face. But I have to eat fruit and veggies especially being vegetarian.

Do you guys think it's from stopping claritin then eating fruit could cause me to itch so bad? Any baths I could take to soothe my skin or do you think it's an internal problem? I'm miserable D:

Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: very very itchy skin! Help?

If you take antihistamines every day for a long period of time and then stop suddenly, some people do get a sort of "rebound itching."

The mouth itching probably is worsened by your eating fruits and veggies. Have you tried peeling and cooking all your produce? That reduces oral allergy symptoms for many people. And until you get the test and get back on your antihistamines, maybe you should avoid the most bothersome foods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
(female)

caisaco HB User

Cooking fruits? Doesn't sound very tastey!! I'm still so itchy today. I have a huge rash on my leg, it looks like a palm sized hickey that's the only way to explain it haha. My lips neck and face itch really bad today and I didn't even eat fruits at all today. My head is really itchy too it just feels like bugs are under my skin and crawling everywhere and in my nose it is so creepy. None of my animals have fleas either. I have rashes on my arms too. I don't know if this is from no claritin or it's serious. It sucksss.
Canned fruits don't really bother me as much, like those mandarians and peaches. Although I did open one up and it splattered on my and I had hives all over my chest.
My lips are swollen today and tingle and I haven't even had fruits or anything to t rigger anything

Old 07-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Call your allergist first thing tomorrow. It may be you have to wait until winter to go off antihistamines for testing!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

caisaco HB User

The only reason I agreed to get retested this week if because lately my shots have been giving me bad reactions. Like on june 16 when I got my shot I was coughing and the lady waslike are you alright? And I said yeah I and she told me if I got worse then to come back. But I couldn't come back because my graduation was a few hours away, I was wheezing, almost fainted and couldn't breathe well at all. And the shots make my face and throat itch. So they said it might be time to re test and change my serum. I developed asthma from my allergies this year and ugh it's bad

Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
(female)

Biofreak HB User

if you're itchy and swelling I would suggest an oatmeal bath! I have that skin, that even as an adult, its like holding a baby. I cant use anything with sent that inst made for babies. Just go to a pharmacy, run a warm bath, add oatmeal, instant relief without any meds what so ever!! Do that every few hours until the itching ceases, or until you get your allergy tests back

Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
(male)

Dane2 HB User

You might also try another allergy med. Neither Claritin nor Benadryl ever seemed to help me at all when I would have hives (I also suffer from many different allergies). My doctor recommended Zyrtec (ceterizine), and that seems to help. I take it every day, as I am allergic to dairy, and that is a tough thing to completely avoid. I only have hives now on very rare occurrences.

Closed Thread