It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
(male)

simplesoul HB User
Exclamation Mucus Production / ENT diagnosis

Hello All...

This is my first post so bare with me... I am a 32 years old male who was in previous good health before my symptoms began just after my 31th birthday. Going on over a year and a half now... I have had severe trouble expelling what appears to be "Glue-Like", or viscous white and pale yellow mucus. I constantly choke and have to draw mucus down from my sinuses to the back of my throat where i can grab it with my tongue and remove it.

I began this bizarre journey into sickness with primary care treatment and ended up at 3 ENT's, 2 Gasto's, Nueroligist, Infectious Deisease doctor, Laproscopic Surgeon, 2 Immunologists and finally a Chief ENT in NYC just last week at Cornell. I have exhausted every option and the best asnwer I have recieved is I have "overactive sinuses" and "continue with the allergy treatment".

I cough every minute to five minutes... produces this "glue-like" mucus all day, every day no matter diet, time, season, or weather... and am very discouraged as I have come to the end of a long joureny that may never yield and answer...

I have been diagnosed with GERD, Rhinorea, and moderate allergies...however...I have been on treatment for all of them without any reduction in symptoms for the duration of my sickness and have had sinus surgery to open my airways as a proactive measure to help for irrigation.

If anyone can help shead some light on what I am going through...I would be greatful.

-simplesoul.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Mucus Production / ENT diagnosis

Have you tried irrigating your nose and, if you still have Gerd, look up Digestinol on the Internet. It is all natural and does wonders. You can read the testimonials. If that is too expensive, go to your local store and buy some aloe vera. I was on a pill twice a day for Gerd and all it did was numb the nerve for a short time. I went on the Internet and found this stuff and I now can drink coffee and orange juice combined, both are full of acid. Good luck!

Old 01-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
(female)

robyn66 HB User
Re: Mucus Production / ENT diagnosis

First off, thank you for being clear on what you have tried. This sounds just like me over a year ago. I got diagnosis like "Pregnancy Rhinitis" "Allergy Induced Asthma" "Gluten Intolerance".... you name it, nobody could tell me what was wrong. I knew I had all of these conditions coming out of the woodwork, but WHY? The one common thing I have read since I started this board tonight (prednisone seems to be not letting me sleep at all right now....) is that everybody has been to see doctors that can't answer it. I finally found an awesome allergist who listened to me, started me on shots, did full testing... unfortunately, he did not catch that I was highly, highly allergic to aspirin. That is it... that's my problem. The more research I did after I got out of my hospital bed, the more I found out that Aspirin and it's contents and by-products are in flipping EVERYTHING. No matter what I did, I was always touching something with something in it that I was allergic to. I say ask for a blood test. If the skin test isn't helping, ask for them to check your blood for drugs that you could be allergic to. Never, in a million years, would I have imagined finding out all of my allergies would be this good of a feeling. It's sad, it's overwhelming, and it's fantastic. No more fear of shock, no more cleaning my throat every five minutes, no more asthma, wheezing, coughing.... Push until you find the answer you need. It could be right under your nose, but you don't know what it really is until you push.

Closed Thread