It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
(male)

sean844 HB User
Allergies causing light headedness and tiredness?

I will start with a little background on my situation..In February of 2011 I was diagnosed with an inner ear infection as I became dizzy out of nowhere..I went to vestibular therapy and things got better. However, it has ben almost a year and I still get dizzy when lifting weights when I did not before and very light headed sometimes throughout the day. The light headed feeling is accompanied by feeling tired as well. I have had an MRI, CT scan, EKG, EEG, Tilt table test etc with all the tests coming back negative. I have also had bloodwork done. The next step is to get an allergy test..is there any chance this could be the result of allergies? I am open to any opinions as I cant seem to shake these feelings that I get daily!!

The dizziness is no where near it used to be but the light headed feelings are very bothersome.

Thanks,

Sean

Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergies causing light headedness and tiredness?

Yes, it could be allergies. Anything that impacts your ears or sinuses can
cause an off balance feeling.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
sean844 (01-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
(male)

sean844 HB User

Thank You for your help..but could allergies cause you to feel off balance and tred for this long? (1 year) when you never had these issues before? As I sit here at work I feel uncomfortably tired and some what light headed? Or could this still be an inner ear issue?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
(male)

sean844 HB User

I was feeling tired and light headed and when I ate lunch it made it worse for a short time? But I never had these uncomfortably tired type of feelings before

Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
(male)

sean844 HB User

Also, if I drink a lare amount of alcohol I feel very light headed the next day. Does this seem to correlate with the allergy issue??

Old 01-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The alcohol is probably just a hangover! But as for the other, have you had allergy testing? Treatment? Or are you just taking a stab in the dark? If you have sinus drainage, etc, then yes, that can make you lightheaded. I suggest being tested.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

It sounds to me as if you have an inner problem, which is VERY common. Look up bppv on the internet an it will tell you that when crystals in your ear become loose, it will throw a person off balance, especially getting out of bed or when lifting one's head. Your problem could also be allergy related. When you lift weights, I am pretty sure you put your head down and then back up and that will raise havoc if you have the bppv. Many, many people have had it. If it gets very bad, go to a good ear/nose and throat dr. and he will make an adjustment.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
(female)

JO15450 HB User

Hello,
Came across your question because I suffer from allergies as well. From my understanding your immune system might have something to do with it. You might not be getting all the nutrients you need which can cause your immune system to weaken. That might be why you are still suffering from sinus and dizziness after all this time.

Closed Thread