It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
(male)

htipper HB User
Allergy induced IBS?

I have suffered with Irritable Bowel Syndrome since my teenage years, some 50 years. It becomes severe when seasonal allergies (Tress & Grasses) become intense as they are now in Northern California. When it first occurred as a teen I started Allergy shots which helped, today its back as bad as it was then and I don't know what to do. Anti-Diarrhea meds don't work? Taking Benityl for colon spasms dilantin for seizures, insulin For Diabetes, and Lotensin, Zeita for BP and Cholesterol. I've tried Gluten free diet... no help. Had Colonoscopy 2years ago with 1 Polyp removed......???
Any Idea's

Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergy induced IBS?

Why not do the allergy shots again? They can be repeated. I've done them 3 times in my life - 5 years each time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by htipper View Post
I have suffered with Irritable Bowel Syndrome since my teenage years, some 50 years. It becomes severe when seasonal allergies (Tress & Grasses) become intense as they are now in Northern California. When it first occurred as a teen I started Allergy shots which helped, today its back as bad as it was then and I don't know what to do. Anti-Diarrhea meds don't work? Taking Benityl for colon spasms dilantin for seizures, insulin For Diabetes, and Lotensin, Zeita for BP and Cholesterol. I've tried Gluten free diet... no help. Had Colonoscopy 2years ago with 1 Polyp removed......???
Any Idea's
Look up Digestinol on the Internet and go to testimonials about IBS.

The Following User Says Thank You to danabarb For This Useful Post:
htipper (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
(male)

htipper HB User

Did/Do they help? Do you get re-tested each time to make sure it's the same offenders?

Old 02-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, they helped tremendously. And yes, you have to be tested every time before you have the shots because they have to mix the serum based on the results. Your allergies can from time to time. They don't stay the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
htipper (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
(male)

htipper HB User

I'm going to look into getting back on the shots...Thanks

Closed Thread