It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

caisaco HB User
stopped singulair-withdrawal symptoms? help!

I've been on singulair for a couple years, I am on it for allergies, also taking clariton daily and getting weekly allergy shots. Well I don't want to be on it anymore and it will save my mom 25 dollars a month getting off it, plus the side effects !

I stopped it a few days ago, since I did I've had bad leg cramps, sick headache (like you feel like you have a flu) anger(randomly really bad mood swings) harder time breathing and out of breath, and I feel overall sick and weak, and my nose is running. I tried stopping it last year but I felt sick for a couple weeks so then I took it again. Will I be okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: stopped singulair-withdrawal symptoms? help!

Anytime I wanted to stop taking a medication (with my doctor's approval), whether for allergy, or asthma or blood pressure, etc., I have always weened myself off the medication by either taking the medication every other day, for a week or two; or by gradually cutting down the daily medication dose so that the withdrawal symptoms would not be too bad, and that withdrawal would not be a shock to my system.

On the other hand, if your body needs singulair in order to prevent an asthma attack, you are losing your protection against asthma and are at risk for increased and possibly serious breathing problems without this beneficial medication.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 02-23-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread