HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Allergies (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/)
-   -   anyone having joint pain or muscle pain with the pollen (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/897942-anyone-having-joint-pain-muscle-pain-pollen.html)

gigi11 04-22-2012 10:02 AM

anyone having joint pain or muscle pain with the pollen

I feel like I am going crazy. Everyone in my household has different symptoms everyday. Either nausea and belchie - which is caused by the mucus we are swallowing by accident. or we have headaches, runny noses, and feeling tired.

One really weird symptom I have been feeling is muscle ache and joint pain. Sometimes the joint pain gets so bad that my thumb or toes will tingle. On and off like that for the past 5 days. My kids will tell they sometimes feel that way. My neck will get stiff as well. I called my allergists and he said you can get the feeling like you have the flu and your joints, muscles will ache. Is anyone else experiencing this same pain?

edie65 04-29-2012 08:38 AM

Re: anyone having joint pain or muscle pain with the pollen

[QUOTE=gigi11;4966001]I feel like I am going crazy. Everyone in my household has different symptoms everyday. Either nausea and belchie - which is caused by the mucus we are swallowing by accident. or we have headaches, runny noses, and feeling tired.

One really weird symptom I have been feeling is muscle ache and joint pain. Sometimes the joint pain gets so bad that my thumb or toes will tingle. On and off like that for the past 5 days. My kids will tell they sometimes feel that way. My neck will get stiff as well. I called my allergists and he said you can get the feeling like you have the flu and your joints, muscles will ache. Is anyone else experiencing this same pain?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I have been fighting allergies since Dec 2011 I think it's gone and comes right back.
Along with the ear infections and dizziness i get with it I feel achy and tired, i don't feel like eating and my stomach stays upset, The doctor has put me on allergie meds that or not helping i have tried over the counter meds that don't help, even the antibiotics aren't helping...:(

solofelix 04-29-2012 11:29 AM

Hi,

Simply YES!!... to your question.
During Pollen season I often feel like I have the Flu, with aching muscles and limbs.
Have even run a temperature at times.
I dont take anything for it as it comes and goes.

Solofelix.

itchyida 04-29-2012 02:05 PM

and here I thought I was crazy, apparently I am not the only one with these symptoms. Good luck to you.

azela 04-30-2012 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=gigi11;4966001]I feel like I am going crazy. Everyone in my household has different symptoms everyday. Either nausea and belchie - which is caused by the mucus we are swallowing by accident. or we have headaches, runny noses, and feeling tired.

One really weird symptom I have been feeling is muscle ache and joint pain. Sometimes the joint pain gets so bad that my thumb or toes will tingle. On and off like that for the past 5 days. My kids will tell they sometimes feel that way. My neck will get stiff as well. I called my allergists and he said you can get the feeling like you have the flu and your joints, muscles will ache. Is anyone else experiencing this same pain?[/QUOTE]

I am glad to know I am not alone on this!! I have been searching the Web today for answers and bump into this site! It does give one a feeling of "going crazy" This is my first year in Tucson and I finding hard to deal with the dust and "very' low humidity - which is as bad as high. I do not take medications of any kind but vitamins and some home remedies. On AcuWeather I read today that Dust and Dander in here is EXTREME condition and they caution folks about it. I am thinking about relocating by the end of the year. Though I love the hot weather I have felt sicker than ever before. The dust is incredible and is everywhere.. I wake up with dry mouth, nose and puffy eyes... Is unfortunately to be so allergic... In the morning I can tell what the weather would be like by how my body feels...
Thank you for your posting.
aze

mogifax 01-21-2013 06:26 AM

I'm having the same issue this year. It's debilitating -- the pain/soreness is felt in both legs, and it only temporarily goes away with hot baths with Epsom. It's almost not even pain, but a severe discomfort that makes it difficult to focus on anything else. It's like muscle soreness after squatting and deadlifting times ten.

This is the first year my allergies manifest themselves through muscle aches. I'm in Austin, Texas, and people have been saying it's only going to get worse.

I've tried Centrizine, Claritin, Allegra, nothing works.

gigi11 01-22-2013 02:20 AM

I still have this pain and I have been on Clariton all year round. Drainage all year round too. It could be from the clariton. Another theory I thought that it could be Fibroylaosha (spelling) which can be triggered by taking certain medicines. It is this horrible unbalanced weather that causes all this discomfort. Our bodies are so confused trying to adjust to the temps.