It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
(female)

Alnewton HB User
Can you develop different symptoms to a food allergy? (like hives and then nausea)

As a child, I was very allergic to peanuts and slightly allergic to tree nuts. I stayed away from both for a long time, but eventually as an adult I began to try them in small quantities. Well the peanuts bothered me some, not all the time, but if I ate too much of it. And the tree nuts have never really given me much of a reaction since I was little. All the reactions I ever had were rash-like. Hives all over and swelling etc. So now, I am 21 years old, I have been trying to add almonds in to my diet regularly, one because they're healthy and two because I found I love the taste of them! Anyway, in the last few days I have had some digestive problems and I am wondering if it could be related to the almond addition? I have had some diarrhea and a lot of nausea. Could this be allergy related?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Can you develop different symptoms to a food allergy? (like hives and then nausea

Digestive problems could be a symptom of a milder food allergy. You can check with an allergist to see if you are still allergic to nuts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread