It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
(male)

nails1 HB User
Permanent Sinus infection

i've always had allergies to dust as diagnosed by an allergist years ago but never done much about it, sometimes when i woke up in the morning i'd have a stuffy nose and sneezing, symptoms might last for a day or so and then leave, however about 10 weeks ago i woke up with same symptoms, however after a few days my nose wasn't clearing, and in fact getting more clogged along with pressure in between eyes, tiredness and no sense of smell, none of which i experienced before, i also went to ent recently and all my sinuses were cleared on the ct scan, ive been using nasal rinse and steroid spray for the past fortnight but no change, ive even changed all my bedding to the dust proof kind and still sick, can years of neglecting allergies result in a chronic inflammation of the sinuses, im 23, and so fatigued and worn out, nobody around me understands and thinks im imagining it or depressed, is chronic sinusitis permanent from allergies a permanent condition?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Permanent Sinus infection

Yes, one can have chronic sinusitis with or without allergies. Are you taking any antihistamines? I would certainly tru that. If it's worse when you get up in the AM, I'd try a benedryl at bedtime.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It'll clear up eventually, but it can take time. Definitely I agree with Titchou's suggestion that you start taking antihistamines.

It could be something is blooming right now that your body is just very allergic to. If so, it'll improve in a few weeks most likely.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
(male)

nails1 HB User

Thanks for your responses, ive tried xyzal 5mg for about 10 days, no benefit, it also made my nose very dry and gave me a migraine type headache so i had to stop those under doctors instrctions....

Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nails1 View Post
... however about 10 weeks ago i woke up with same symptoms, however after a few days my nose wasn't clearing, and in fact getting more clogged along with pressure in between eyes, tiredness and no sense of smell, none of which i experienced before ...
Do you remember any change in diet 10 weeks ago? Any new furniture, rugs, bedding, appliances, electronics? Any changes at work 10 weeks ago?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
(male)

nails1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
Do you remember any change in diet 10 weeks ago? Any new furniture, rugs, bedding, appliances, electronics? Any changes at work 10 weeks ago?
Not that I am aware of, i have been avoiding the allergen(dust) at all costs since but i still feel unwell, can sinusitis be like an after effect of the allergy?

Old 05-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

There are plenty of OTC things you can try. Zyrtec is great for most folks. And a benedryl at bedtime might tell you if it's dust mites as bedding has so many....

Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Your other post on the General Health thread indicates you've taken many more medications than you list here. Have you had allergy testing?

Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
(male)

nails1 HB User

just anti histamines, my allergy test shows a dust allergy and in due to start immunotherapy, anyone have previous experience with this?

Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Many of us here have done the shots. Work great for most people. Probably won't last forever but you will get relief for a while or where at least an antihistamine a day keeps things under control.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

The shots are a good option for many people. It will take some time to see improvement, often 6-12 months, but for me it's made a big difference. I still have my allergies, but they are far less bothersome.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
(male)

waswell HB User

I had/have the same problem.It took three years for me on my own to go to an allergist.I was allergy to just about everything,and molds.Sound like you need antibotics as well.Sinus infections can kill you if it gets in the brain.Good luck!! See a Doctor!!

Waswell

Closed Thread