It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
(male)

canders25 HB User
Horrible rash that won't go away.

So, I have had this rash covering my entire torso, my arms, and my thighs for a little over two months. It is incredibly itchy all the time and it just seems to be getting worse and spreading. It's made up of small red bumps that are grouped together. I assumed it was some kind of allergic reaction and have since changed to perfume and dye free laundry detergent, but that has not made a difference. I have been to the doctor twice, he said it looked like an allergy rash the first time I went in. The second time I went in he seemed completely at a loss. I just finished a month long, tapered off prednisone treatment. It did not really help, other than keeping it somewhat under control for a short period. Now that I am off it, it is completely out of control again. I have literally tried just about everything to make it even bearable to live with, but nothing has worked. I have an appointment with a dermatologist schedule in a month, but I don't know what I am going to do until then. I can't remember the last time I slept more than a few hours. I am losing my mind and completely at a loss. I really need some help. I was considering going to my doctor again to see if it's possible to get back on another prednisone prescription, but i don't know if that would do more harm than good. Any helpful ideas would be great.

Thank You

Last edited by canders25; 05-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Horrible rash that won't go away.

Well, changing your soap might help. Dial is particularly bad, if you use that.

But if you can't find the answer right now, take antihistamines. A non-drowsy one like Zyrtec in the morning and a good strong dose of Benadryl at night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
(male)

thomtomsk HB User

hi canders25. I read your message and felt like you were describing what I am experiencing. Can you tell me how you are now, and has the rash gone away?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
(male)

itchinglikemad HB User

Ever figure out what the cause was? Im experiencing the exact same thing.. Have been to Doctor, Allergist, and Dermotologist. Have had multiple testings all inconclusive.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
(male)

thomtomsk HB User
Smile Re: Horrible rash that won't go away.

As it transpired I had undiagnosed scabies for about 3 months. I had gone to my GP who ruled out scabies and claimed it was most likely allergies. I was taking cortisone for 6 weeks and going crazy as it was not doing me any service (obviously as I had scabies). Finally got an appointment with a dermatologist who said it maybe scabies, treated myself for 2 weeks and 1 month later I was itch free!!!!!

Last edited by thomtomsk; 01-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
(male)

itchinglikemad HB User

Glad to hear it. I was treated for that also about 3 weeks ago but still minorly itchy and on kenalog injection. Hope that was my cause too - but wont know for a few weeks and the steriods wear off. Thanks for the reply.

Closed Thread